Southern Cache Bash 2003

We (Maria and I) are thinking of organising a get together in April and would like to see if there is any interest out there. Currently the thinking goes something like this it:

Meet up in a (child friendly) pub in Epping Forest which is within easy reach of public transport, We would get together around 11:00am and people could have a drink and a chat and some food.

There would be an afternoon caching-type activity after which everyone would meet up again around 4:00pm.

The caching activity we are thinking of doing would be something along the lines of Geo-Orientering which would involve visiting as many caches as possible in the time with more points available for the harder/further away ones – unless there are other suggestions?

Which date would people prefer? 6th,13th or 27th of April?

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:
Originally posted by Slytherin:

Subject to other commitments, we would like to

Is there accomodation nearby?

Cheers

Alex & Kim.

I'll put together a list of Accomodation when I get a moment. And of course theres always room in our shed once we've got rid of all the ammo boxes icon_biggrin.gif

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Weasel:

quote:
Orginally posted by Jeremy P:

6th would be difficult for me, but possible. The other dates would be better.

Wow mate! You really do plan in advance don't you. LoL

I don't normally plan that far in advance, but I do know I have a commitment on the 5th (so does el10t but he's obviously forgotten about it) which is the only thing I have planned for next year.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

Just to let you know we've not forgotton about organising a Winchester meet in Jan... in fact we're planning to visit a possible pub this afternoon to check things out.

It's looking like it will be a Sunday, as that seems to generally be the best from what people have said in the past. The pub does (well it certainly USED to do, I assume it still does) nice lunches.

Paul

Team Blitz

No, I gave YOU the spare batteries....

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in Space:

Put me down for a pint, (of red wine), any day.

Just don't make me have to sleep in the same place as the Hornet again..........!!

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

To avoid any scurrilous rumours starting - what LIS MEANT to say was "sleep in the same building but in a completely separate room with sturdy locks on the door!!!" icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Anyway the meet sounds good to me. Perhaps Pid could drive round and pick me up (remember London Pid?).

Peter

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
I shall not be late nor shall I be early I shall arrive precisely when I mean to. icon_wink.gif

...but it *will* be after dark, and he *will* have a torch with him.... icon_biggrin.gif

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

Okey Dokey,

We went quite on this one so that we didn't take away from the Christmas Bash.

We want to go ahead but would just like to check if we should move it back a bit into May (18th) so that it is not too close to the last one. So April or May folks? Waddayafink?

Chris

April's (apart from 27th) best for me as May is full of family birthday's, anniversaries etc.

But there again I'm only one voice so go with the majority. If it's as good as yesterday's meet I'll certainly try my damndest to come along.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

So far, any time in April is fine, and only 11th May unavailable in that month. My preference is for April though.

So please not the 11th May otherwise I will have to stamp my foot!

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

...for around the same time. Could this be the afternoons activity? It would also save having too many 'Socials' close together.

If you are wondering what a Fox Hunt is (because you did bot take part in the Southern or CIN events), a basic explanation can be found at our Team Website:

http://www.teamtate.co.uk/geocache/fox

Bob

Team Tate

Remember - if it's moving, it's not dead...

quote:
_April 6th_

We are currently going with this date as long as we can get a pub sorted.

I just put the whole weekend on the calendar! Not sure if we would come & stay overnight or what, or even how many of us, but the car can take 7 seats, if anyone else wants a lift from Winchester.

Paul

Team Blitz

White gravel? What white gravel? I can't see any.... heck, who cares!