Who's got the record

philgn

quote:
Originally posted by philgn:

Who has done the most caches in one day, I will put foreward McDeHack and myself, who, on the 20th July, did 11, which included Stevanage stash, which alone took 90 minutes of searching.

And if anybody beats that we'll take age into account

A challenge! I think 5 was my best in a day but I didn't start until about 1pm. I've got a week off soon and will be in Durham at the in-laws. Loads of caches within a short drive and a real need to get out.

Now, what constitues a day? Are we talking a 24 hour period or midnight to midnight?

Kev

If a challenge is to be made then ground rules should be made. You never know it might become an olympic event. I would suggest the hours should be as in a good working day, 8am. to 8pm. If you can last that long running round the country side. Any other suggestions

quote:

If a challenge is to be made then ground rules should be made. You never know it might become an olympic event. I would suggest the hours should be as in a good working day, 8am. to 8pm. If you can last that long running round the country side. Any other suggestions

I guess with a bit of planning this could add something to the game. Last time we did a number in a day I seem to remember the average was 1 per hour including the odd 'not found'. Definatly not a selling point with the kids though! I can hear the moans already icon_redface.gif) I guess with the right population of caches, careful planning of routes, it could be fun.

How do you stop someone going out a few days before to find the caches but not log them then just whizz round on the day filling in the logs. I guess trust has to come in to this somewhere.

Just looked at Page28's bash and it looks as if they did around 17 in a day!

quote:

I guess with a bit of planning this could add something to the game. Last time we did a number in a day I seem to remember the average was 1 per hour including the odd 'not found'. Definatly not a selling point with the kids though! I can hear the moans already icon_redface.gif) I guess with the right population of caches, careful planning of routes, it could be fun.

How do you stop someone going out a few days before to find the caches but not log them then just whizz round on the day filling in the logs. I guess trust has to come in to this somewhere.

Just looked at Page28's bash and it looks as if they did around 17 in a day!

Yes, it has to be Page28 and Ecm, and some of the caches they done were in remote parts,well spread out and stretched across two Counties. some involved a four mile walk or run, a three mile and a couple two mile ones, a bit of hill climbing, and very few on good going paths,I would chance a £10 win at the bookies with them icon_smile.gif

Yes, it has to be Page28 and Ecm, and some of the caches they done were in remote parts,well spread out and stretched across two Counties. some involved a four mile walk or run, a three mile and a couple two mile ones, a bit of hill climbing, and very few on good going paths,I would chance a £10 win at the bookies with them icon_smile.gif

Now look what you have done Philgn. You have started somthing now.

I am going to grass you up just to keep my good name.

Who was kipping in the back of the cab whilst I did the driving from cache to cache, and eating most of the grub?

So you were navigating, I also had my Street Pilot on the dash. ( Mines in colour).

I suppose we must claim that we are gereatricks, or old boys. P.S. You left your zimmer frame in the boot.

I concede....

When ECM and I did our cache bash, we left work at 4pm (in York)on a wednesday, both of us took the Thursday off. We camped out at westgate on the A689 that evening after a 1.5 hr search for a campsite. We did 6 prior to pitching the tent and one in the dark (Draughty Valley) as we were being eaten alive by midges at the campsite. Ate Tea at 11.45 and then straight to kip although we only managed to get just over 4 hrs sleep because of passing lorries going to the cement works icon_mad.gif....

We were on the road by 5.30 am did the last cache at around 10pm and spent ages looking for that elusive bottle of wine At Dalden tower.

I got home in Leeds around 12.30 exhausted but thouroughly satisfied by our mini break.

When ECM and I did our cache bash, we left work at 4pm (in York)on a wednesday, both of us took the Thursday off. We camped out at westgate on the A689 that evening after a 1.5 hr search for a campsite. We did 6 prior to pitching the tent and one in the dark (Draughty Valley) as we were being eaten alive by midges at the campsite. Ate Tea at 11.45 and then straight to kip although we only managed to get just over 4 hrs sleep because of passing lorries going to the cement works icon_mad.gif....

We were on the road by 5.30 am did the last cache at around 10pm and spent ages looking for that elusive bottle of wine At Dalden tower.

I got home in Leeds around 12.30 exhausted but thouroughly satisfied by our mini break.