Geolutins

The main difference, as I understand it, is that geolutins are free to create. Instead of purchasing a dogtag from Groundspeak, you visit the geolutins website, get a tracking number from there. You then add this number to the traveller in any way you wish. Naturally, Groundspeak are not enthusiastic about this, which is why any posts mentioning geolutins are first sent to the moderators for approval.

[EDIT]My mistake! The restriction seems to have been lifted icon_smile.gif

GeocacheUK - resources for the UK Geocaching community.

[ENGLISH - Translation]

I have just seen this post and it astonishes me.

I make a point of recalling that before launching me in the development of GeoLutins, I initially asked on this forum if that were authorized : http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=6016058331&m=4556000791.

Jeremy (admin) said that to me: "There' S obvious No one alignment stuff online. Bookcrossing.com does it, have does Wheresgeorge.com (the first have far have I know)."

Here, I hope that this recall will be beneficial ;-) and you are of course all welcome on my site...

Cordially,

David

[FRANCAIS]

Hi !

Je viens de voir ce post et il m'étonne.

Je tiens à rappeller qu'avant de me lancer dans le développement des GeoLutins, j'ai d'abord demandé sur ce forum si cela était autorisé : http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=6016058331&m=4556000791.

Jeremy (admin) m'a dit cela : "There's no patent on tracking stuff online. Bookcrossing.com does it, as does Wheresgeorge.com (the first as far as I know)."

Voilà, j'espère que ce rappel sera bénéfique ;-) et vous êtes bien sûr tous les bienvenus sur mon site...

Cordialement,

David

Hi , I am fairly new to Geocaching and so may have missed the point here ( feel free to point out the error of my ways icon_confused.gif) but it seems to me that Redregis has put a lot of effort into Geolutions and many people are getting enjoyment from it. I understand that there needs to be some discipline in any sport to make sure that the core principles are not diluted and that it is undertaken in a way that makes it acceptable to the majority of people but who are we to say that his independant 'version' of travel bugs is wrong. Perhaps, if anyone feels that they do not want a geolution left in 'their' cache then they would be free to point this out on their cache's home page, but I say 'live and let live'.Perhaps we could view this as a cultural exchange of sorts. Cheers, John icon_cool.gif

BTW no poking fun at my dodgy translation. icon_wink.gif

[en francaise]

J'espere que vous pouvez excuser mon pauvre francaise; Je suis nouveau a la sport de geocaching et peut etre je n'ai compris pas toute le regles. J'ai vu que redregis a fait beacoup de travaille pour son site de geolutions et beaucoup de personnes s'ammuse avec ca. Je comprends que c'est important avoir des regles dans les sports pour maintenir les principes centrale et pour assurer que c'est acceptable a la majorite des gens, mais qui sommes nous a dire que son 'version' de travelbugs est tort?

Peut etre si quelq'un sent que il ne veut pas des geolutions dans son cache, ainsi il est libre donner avis sur le web page de cache. Mais je dit 'habiter et laisser habiter' peut etre nos pouvons voir ce comme un echange culturel. Amities, John icon_smile.gif

Syhrag va qrpelcg