Tim and June Hit 400

djh

That's excellent news and really well done, particularly given all their other work for Geocaching.

T&J are two of the small number who put in far more than they take out, moderating to the best of their ability, taking the lead where necessary and wading in every time that some difficult topic comes along.

And we'd still like to hear about your experiences along the way.

Dave

We read this news when at the "Cache, Dash, Stash the Cash (RED NOSE)" cache this afternoon...

They have been very quiet about this, haven't they?..... they are obviously out to make the 500 before the cache-bash in April!!!

But heck, it's not about numbers.... except when you're in the lead!

Paul

Team Blitz

Noone in their right mind would place a cache THERE....

I am proud to add my own congratulations to you two, and add my thanks for all you have done and no doubt will do to further the sport.

I got my Mark III on Friday and the sticker is in the front of my windscreen.

Take Care and ceep caching!

Dave

ps This posting comes from about 70 feet away from where it should!

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

We'd best not ask who won the bidding icon_wink.gif

Rich

_mobilis in mobili_

Bit of a funny story really, Just for a laugh we put our one and only T&J bear up for sale on ebay as a Collector's Item. The joke sort of backfired when a real bear collector bid 20 quid on it.

We couldn't let it go so had to outbid her to buy our own bear back.

Sad, ain't it??

-

Well done on reaching 400 caches!

I also wonder how you can have time to cache and moderate...

I seem to be having a problem catching you up icon_wink.gif.

Andy.

----------------------------------------

All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike-and yet it is the most precious thing we have - Albert Einstein

Well done folks, thanks for the bears, the moderating and all the other work you do on our behalf but especially the bears.

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

from your top 'Bear Hunters"

Unless someone knows better.

(we have one each)

Doesn't sound like many to us icon_wink.gif we have 6 Boys (mark 1s) and 6 Girls (Mark 2s) but no Mark 3s.....Yet.

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

We really would like to thank everyone for all their kind words, but it really should be us thanking you, if you didn't place them we couldn't find them.

At the moment UK admin for GC.com is taking up a great deal of our time and we cannot alway get out and cache as much as we use to, this is not an issue we are more than happy to do it we want to see others get as much enjoyment out of this activity as we do. We also greatly appreciate the support we get from you guys in our role.

We are usually asked at this stage to name our best, worst etc. We honestly have to say that out of 400 caches 'Wildcat' is still the best. It's got everything you could possibly want out of a cache, adventure, puzzles, great locations etc etc it really deserves more visits.

Our worst cache, well we just don't think it fair to name that, and fortunatly the percentage of what we term as 'lame' caches is fairly low.

The best part of this game for us is reading the logs of cachers who follow us and find, or in some cases, not finding one of those Bears. We will try and spread them out a bit further and give some of the cachers in other areas a chance to find them. We are just pleased you enjoy hunting them down, and we have yet to see one of those car window stickers.

Thanks again for your kind words we really do appreciate them.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

Just wish to add my congratulations from the other side!!

I have my two T&J bears proudly displayed on my book shelves! Just wish I could get ove and find a mark III.

Hope the next 400 are just as exciting for you!!

Jane

San Diego CA

'Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!'

Eleanor Roosevelt

I only just got back from a holiday in Cyprus (1 Find, 2 Not Found and 3 Placed if you're interested) so I only just saw this momentous bit of news.

Welcome to the very exclusive '400 club' icon_wink.gif. Also many thanks for all your hard work.

Peter

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.