Southern cachers meet event cache

el10t

Woops. Does it show at all that this is the first event cache I have logged? icon_smile.gif

Although, in my defence:

It is only a one star difficulty. I would have to increase this to at least three stars if I remove it icon_smile.gif

The information was copied directly from a post in another thread and so the spoiling had already occurred

I will encrypt it though, just to make things more difficult. Try not to read it until I have done so.

El10t

Woops. Does it show at all that this is the first event cache I have logged? icon_smile.gif

Although, in my defence:

It is only a one star difficulty. I would have to increase this to at least three stars if I remove it icon_smile.gif

The information was copied directly from a post in another thread and so the spoiling had already occurred

I will encrypt it though, just to make things more difficult. Try not to read it until I have done so.

El10t

But you only have to read the forums to get all the details anyway. There's hefty correspondence on the Gaol/Goal spelling etc.

quote:
Originally posted by the tapir:

Pretty lame to put the name and address of the pub on the event page ... and not even encrypted! icon_wink.gif

Spoiler!

I'm *hoping* to attend, nevertheless ...

the tapir

1/0

the tapir

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

But you only have to read the forums to get all the details anyway. There's hefty correspondence on the Gaol/Goal spelling etc.

quote:
Originally posted by the tapir:

Pretty lame to put the name and address of the pub on the event page ... and not even encrypted! icon_wink.gif

Spoiler!

I'm *hoping* to attend, nevertheless ...

the tapir

1/0

the tapir

-------

jeremyp

Can I just emphasise the point that the owners of the venue will put some tables aside for us if we let them know numbers a week in advance. Please send e-mail to el10t if you know you are coming so he can tell them the numbers.

I think he has zero responses so far icon_frown.gif It could turn into me and him having lunch in Winchester to discuss our second cache project.

-------

jeremyp

Can I just emphasise the point that the owners of the venue will put some tables aside for us if we let them know numbers a week in advance. Please send e-mail to el10t if you know you are coming so he can tell them the numbers.

I think he has zero responses so far icon_frown.gif It could turn into me and him having lunch in Winchester to discuss our second cache project.

-------

jeremyp

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

Not quite zero responses - I have received two emails, there is one log on the event cache page, and there is one response in this thread. Any of these three avenues of expression of interest is fine by me - I'll just keep monitoring all three to build up my list.

[edited out weak humour]

El10t

[This message was edited by el10t on March 13, 2002 at 01:37 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

Not quite zero responses - I have received two emails, there is one log on the event cache page, and there is one response in this thread. Any of these three avenues of expression of interest is fine by me - I'll just keep monitoring all three to build up my list.

[edited out weak humour]

El10t

[This message was edited by el10t on March 13, 2002 at 01:37 AM.]

"Should I post a list of attendees so you can all see who else is coming before deciding yourselves whether to attend or not?"

Personally it wouldn't make any difference to me......the more the merrier. Maybe some people are unable to commit themselves until a bit nearer the date... due to that activity that sometimes interferes with Geocaching (WORK) icon_biggrin.gif

"Should I post a list of attendees so you can all see who else is coming before deciding yourselves whether to attend or not?"

Personally it wouldn't make any difference to me......the more the merrier. Maybe some people are unable to commit themselves until a bit nearer the date... due to that activity that sometimes interferes with Geocaching (WORK) icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

Should I post a list of attendees so you can all see who else is coming before deciding yourselves whether to attend or not? icon_smile.gif

El10t

[Edited so as not to cause offence] It's just like trying to organise a wedding - coming up with a seating plan in which no two feuding family members are sitting at the same table.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger pub!

[This message was edited by jeremyp on March 12, 2002 at 02:30 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

Should I post a list of attendees so you can all see who else is coming before deciding yourselves whether to attend or not? icon_smile.gif

El10t

[Edited so as not to cause offence] It's just like trying to organise a wedding - coming up with a seating plan in which no two feuding family members are sitting at the same table.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger pub!

[This message was edited by jeremyp on March 12, 2002 at 02:30 PM.]

Jeremyp, your well out out of order with your last remark. Its idiots like you who start wars

and bad feelings on the forum, an apology would be in order here, I think that people who come out with sort of total rubbish should be removed from Geocaching.com

[This message was edited by The Northumbrian on March 12, 2002 at 12:41 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

Jeremyp, your well out out of order with your last remark. Its idiots like you who start wars

and bad feelings on the forum, an apology would be in order here, I think that people who come out with sort of total rubbish should be removed from Geocaching.com

[This message was edited by The Northumbrian on March 12, 2002 at 12:41 PM.]

Hey! it was a joke. Hence the Smiley. I'm sorry it offended you and I apologise to anybody else who was offended. Now I reread it, especially in the context of recent events, I can understand how some people might jump to the wrong conclusions about it.

Again I apologise for the offence it might have caused.

-------

jeremyp

quote:
Originally posted by Masher:

I have a birthday bash to attend the night before. Assuming I still have the power of my legs on Sunday, you can count me and my significant other in!

Thanks Masher.

I have posted a note log on the cache page giving the latest number of attendees. I'll update this as and when for interest.

El10t

Do people want something to do at the Winchester cache meet? I was thinking of an on-foot treasure hunt around Winchester based on GPS coordinates.

A poll will be posted. If the answer is "yes" I'll be out on Sunday putting it together. If the answer is "no" expect Winchester to be saturated with virtual caches very soon icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

Do people want something to do at the Winchester cache meet? I was thinking of an on-foot treasure hunt around Winchester based on GPS coordinates.

A poll will be posted. If the answer is "yes" I'll be out on Sunday putting it together. If the answer is "no" expect Winchester to be saturated with virtual caches very soon icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp