A whole year of caching...

Omally

Today is a bit of a milestone for me: I have been Geocaching for a whole year! To celebrate, I popped out to check that one of my caches is still where it should be after 3 no-finds (don’t worry, it’s safe!). I was going to re-visit my first ever cache and start a new travelbug there, but I got waylaid as above and also didn’t have anything suitable to make into a TB so I’ll just have to go shopping when I get a chance.

I was wondering what other people have done to celebrate their “Cacheiversary” (sp?)

I suppose I could make a cache out of paper but, due to the inclemency of the English weather, it would soon degrade to Papier Cache!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I’m sorry, I just can’t help it sometimes… icon_wink.gif

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

Omally

Member of the GAGB

[This message was edited by Omally on August 26, 2003 at 03:53 PM.]

Oh b****r, posted in the wrong thread .....

Come on Neil, tell us of your 'High', 'Medium', 'Little bit smaller than medium', 'Little bit smaller than Little bit smaller than medium' and your 'Lows' of your distinguished Geocaching career over the last 12 months.

"Fear is temporary, regret is permanent!"

motley. adj. varied in appearance or character.

crew. n. group of people.

icon_eek.gif Wasn't asking for a backslap! icon_eek.gif

I was just curious as to what others have done to celebrate... Hmmm, have I now started a new trend in celebratory threads?! icon_wink.gif

Well since you ask, (hey, you at the back: wake up!) the Highs have been all about finding stuff:

1. Finding some really nice places to while away a sunny afternoon (and, *shock* *horror* actually forget about ammo-boxes and many other things besides for a hour or two).

2. Meeting some of the warmest, friendliest people since I left the village of my upbringing.

3. Finding something better to do with my time than just sitting here typing away at my keyboard... um, hang on ...

Lows? well the only lows I can think of would be reading some of the unpleasant posts that pop up from time to time. But then , as my dear old nan says:

"If you don't have a little rain, how can you know that sunshine is good?"

Happy Unbirthday? Does this mean I have to Unbuy everyone an Uncake? Could work out Unexpensive... icon_wink.gif

Anyway, what has everyone else done for their Cachiversary? (and can we get that in the next revision of the Oxford English Dictionary?)

Omally

Member of the GAGB

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

Anyway, what has everyone else done for their Cachiversary? (and can we get that in the next revision of the Oxford English Dictionary?)

http://www.btinternet.com/~omally/index.htm

http://www.gagb.org.uk/

Haven't reached mine yet (19the October) but I dare say that Greene King IPA will feature somewhere along the line.

<DISCLAIMER>I have no connection with the above brewery other than having consumed a considerable quantity of their product</DISCLAIMER>

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Pid:

...I mean I answered it truthfully...its not like I lied icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah... I seem to recollect that it wasn't made entirely of gold at all. After climbing all the way up the hill and feeling VERY conspicuous, I found a plastic box with the spray paint falling off icon_biggrin.gif and I couldn't see the castle from there, either icon_frown.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability icon_wink.gif

I guess I celebrate my anniversary every year as I got my gps as a birthday present from my wife. I found my first cache a few days later and have been hooked ever since. There are not many caches up here and when I found my first one it was the only one in the county. Now I am glad to say there a few more caches and twice as many active cachers in the area (total of 2). I am at the grand total of 20 caches and climbing slowly maybe I will make 40 before next year but it doesnt matter if i dont.

AUT PAX AUT BELLUM

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

quote:
Originally posted by kennamatic:

I'm not organised enough to have remembered either of my cachiversarys.

Two years on the 31st of August mate icon_wink.gif

http://www.btinternet.com/~omally/index.htm

http://www.gagb.org.uk/

Which shows how much notice I take! icon_rolleyes.gif

However, I need 9 for my 100. Can't do anything Friday, but with the aid of a few lacationless caches tomorrow which are on my to do list and trying to be out and about on Saturday I might just do it.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Well done Omalley on your first anniversary.

Typical of Tim though he forgot it was our second caching anniversary on the 23rd of August but what can I expect he even forgot my Birthday this year (but El10t to the rescue though he's put it in his diary for next year to remind him). icon_mad.gif

In Omally's first year he has put a lot of effort into setting some very challenging caches one of which we are still looking foward to doing. I'm sure your second year will be even better. icon_wink.gif

June

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

Typical of Tim though he forgot it was our second caching anniversary on the 23rd of August but what can I expect he even forgot my Birthday this year (but El10t to the rescue though he's put it in his diary for next year to remind him). icon_mad.gif

For shame, Tim! Fancy forgetting your 2nd cachiversary like that... icon_wink.gif

quote:

In Omally's first year he has put a lot of effort into setting some very challenging caches one of which we are still looking foward to doing.

You'll hate Merman and me afterwards, you really will... Hey, I'm not taking all the blame!

By the way, I decided to celebrate by remembering my Paypal password so I'm now a charter member! Woohoo! Now I can have a crack at After Dark!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Omally

Member of the GAGB