Jump to content

Paranormal logtivity with Attended logs


Recommended Posts

Hello there, I am auganeve from Spain, and this is my first topic in the forum :)

 

Someone edited their "Will Attend" log in my already archived, months old event, and converted it to an "Attended". It looks as if they waited exactly 2 months to do this...

 

I would appreciate your opinion on this. I don't want to assume it was done with the intention of faking it. Maybe they have a backlog and did it because an "Attended" logged so late would raise suspicion? However, I am inclined to think it is just a sneaky way of getting +1 with less risk of getting a fake log deleted, as as a cache owner you are not notified of such a change.

 

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
Link to comment

This is not something that would spontaneously happen.

 

If they did not attend the event, you are within your rights as the event host to delete their log.

 

For future reference, if you are a project-gc.com premium member, you can get notice of edited logs like this.

  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, auganeve said:

Hello there, I am auganeve from Spain, and this is my first topic in the forum :)

 

Someone edited their "Will Attend" log in my already archived, months old event, and converted it to an "Attended". It looks as if they waited exactly 2 months to do this...

 

I would appreciate your opinion on this. I don't want to assume it was done with the intention of faking it. Maybe they have a backlog and did it because an "Attended" logged so late would raise suspicion? However, I am inclined to think it is just a sneaky way of getting +1 with less risk of getting a fake log deleted, as as a cache owner you are not notified of such a change.

 

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

 

Just send them a message and explain that you saw the log modification and would like to confirm that they changed the right one! Ask them to describe the place or what happened at the event.

Check their TB logs and see if the filed a any logs on that day for TBs that were there.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, JL_HSTRE said:

It should not be possible to change a Will Attend log to Attended. The intention is to log a seperate Attended log.

 

Aaahh, good point. Perhaps she meant that they edited their 'status' to 'Attended'by filling a new log. 

 

Or perhaps she was wrong. 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, JL_HSTRE said:

It should not be possible to change a Will Attend log to Attended. The intention is to log a seperate Attended log.

 

I agree it shouldn't be possible, but I just tried it on a Will Attend I logged on an event earlier in the year that I ended up unable to attend, and changing the log type to Attended does appear to be allowed in the editor:

 

image.png.671597613a7e7b997a2b1b1fca1a06aa.png

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/22/2024 at 3:17 AM, TeamRabbitRun said:

 

Aaahh, good point. Perhaps she meant that they edited their 'status' to 'Attended'by filling a new log. 

 

Or perhaps she was wrong. 

 

The website allows this change. They went to edit their Will Attend into an Attended 🥲

Link to comment
On 6/22/2024 at 1:43 AM, TeamRabbitRun said:

 

Just send them a message and explain that you saw the log modification and would like to confirm that they changed the right one! Ask them to describe the place or what happened at the event.

Check their TB logs and see if the filed a any logs on that day for TBs that were there.

 

Thanks, I was thinking on sending them a message indeed, but more of the "if you attended the event please create a different log instead" sort. Due to the nature of the event and well-known location, I think it is pretty easy to fake having been there...

Link to comment
On 6/21/2024 at 8:36 PM, geoawareUSA9 said:

This is not something that would spontaneously happen.

 

If they did not attend the event, you are within your rights as the event host to delete their log.

 

For future reference, if you are a project-gc.com premium member, you can get notice of edited logs like this.

 

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I cannot know for sure if they were there... This was a Meet & Greet abroad with a bunch of new people, most of them only stayed 5 minutes or less... and not everyone said who they were or signed the logbook for reference.

 

So it's just that this modus operandi of waiting to edit the log is suspicious by itself. And yes, without Project GC I would have not noticed this 🙈

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, auganeve said:

Unfortunately, I cannot know for sure if they were there...

 

I would check if they have other cache logged the same day in the same area. This at least would indicate that they were close to your event location.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Mausebiber said:

 

I would check if they have other cache logged the same day in the same area. This at least would indicate that they were close to your event location.

 

hehe I tried to check out of curiosity, but they have the Private setting... thanks 😊

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

My recommendation is to not let it bother you too much. Cheating happens and honestly it really only affects them not you. If it is the person I am guessing they won't stick around caching long at all only a few finds. Take it as a learning and maybe next time be more forceful to sign the log book include that in your description as well. They may not have known the rules and etiquette if new to the game.  

 

Dont't stress have fun.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, MNTA said:

Take it as a learning and maybe next time be more forceful to sign the log book include that in your description as well. They may not have known the rules and etiquette if new to the game.  

From the Help Center:

While an Event does not require a physical container or log book, hosts still need to set aside time to plan a gathering that will be enjoyed by all.

  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

From the Help Center:

While an Event does not require a physical container or log book, hosts still need to set aside time to plan a gathering that will be enjoyed by all.

And from the guidelines: "Event Cache attendees are not required to sign a logbook."

  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...