Hidden Treasure 3 Geocaching Screensaver

As some of you already have the previous incarnations of my geocaching screensaver you will know what this is about. For those of you who do not:

Periodicaly I compile a set of digital images from my photographs taken while Geocaching. These photos give an impression of the area of a Geocache and do not give away the location of the cache.

If any of you have photos taken while Geocaching that you are happy for me to include on the next release of the screensaver please Email them to me at the following address: chris@franklin.fsbusiness.co.uk.

Please ensure:

--The photos are of scenery only.

--The photos are of the highest resolution possible (Do not reduce them)

--The files you send me are named:

<Geocaching.com waypoint> <cache name> by <your Geocahing team name>. This saves me a great deal of time.

--The photos do not give away the exact cache location.

--The photos are of Cache locations in the UK and Eire.

I will make the screenaver available on my website (The last version was 100MB) and will post a CDROM to any team who submits a photo and provides a postal address.

I will also place CDROMS in caches as swaps.

I do not ask for any money for this. It is all for the love of it and will cost me money in postage and CDROM media which I am willing to foot.

When I have about 50+ decent pictures I will compile the new release. I currently have about 20 pics.

Previous releases are available for download at WWW.lassitude.co.uk (Non-Profit making Website)

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

I currently have your second screensaver running on my PC at work.... sure beats the "microsoft tubes" and all those other naff ones! Mind you, before #2 I was running #1!

Sometimes when I return to my desk, I don't bother moving the mouse, but just sit there enjoying the superb pictures that many have taken.

May I make a suggestion for your next CD: could you also include a COMBINED screen saver... ie one with ALL THREE lots of pics in?

Summary: your work & subsidy is WELL appreciated here!

My wife uses a cache box to take her sandwiches to work... how odd!

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz:

I currently have your second screensaver running on my PC at work.... sure beats the "microsoft tubes" and all those other naff ones! Mind you, before #2 I was running #1!

Me too - mind you it dosn't work that well on a 2 screen system - but I can put up with it.

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

I can compile all the photos on to one screensaver. This is likely to take 300MB or more though. I thought it should be kept a bit smaller. Perhaps I will release a 'Hidden Treasures' Gold Edition with all the pics from the current releases of Hidden Treasures.

For those Geocachers in Scotland and Wales I would really appreciate photos from you as you have (arguably) some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.

Cheers

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

quote:
Originally posted by Lassitude:

I can compile all the photos on to one screensaver. This is likely to take 300MB or more though. I thought it should be kept a bit smaller.

Why?

There's over 600 meg on a CD!!! lets use it!!!

I don't think such a sized file should be made available for download though <ouch>

quote:

Perhaps I will release a 'Hidden Treasures' Gold Edition with all the pics from the current releases of Hidden Treasures.

Yeah, excellent idea!

Paul

My wife uses a cache box to take her sandwiches to work... how odd!