Hertfordshire (& Nearby with pleasure)

Finger

A Few of the Hertfordshire Geocachers met this evening in a pub.

We would like to start a local "Cachers" group with meetings in pubs in the area.

Is anyone interested. The more the merrier.

Please reply to this if you are interested.

Finger

Is this a meet to sell your very over priced Geocaching merchandise Finger?

I know, not very subtle but is a fair question.?

Saying yer Travel bugs dropped an astronomical amount when you found out Kimrobin was selling them for half the price an still making a profit.

Moss de Boss... Sorta

I agree .. A fair Question.

Firstly, NO I will NOT sell Geocaching accessories at the meetings. The meetings are for fun NOT business. I started the topic as Grovesie, Martic10 & I met last Friday for a drink & we came up with the idea - I was the first home so I started the topic. We even decided that there should be NO fixed location for the meetings. We would travel around a bit to make it fair to others in the area who want to join us so nobody always has to travel far - sometimes it will be near them, & sometimes further.

Now the Prices point.

I import the goods officially & legally. I pay for UPS to deliver them. I Pay the VAT on entry. I pay the import duty. I stock the goods. This all costs me and I do think that to pass these costs on is NOT that unreasonable.

Regards,

Finger

Finger

Hi I am NIMRAG from Baldock north herts I would be interested in a PUB meet. What about a a sunday afternoon with the designated host placing some small local caches for the vistitors to find. Then round it up back at a pub afterwards. What does every body think

I have "Placed" a mini cache at a location in Herts. The plan is that i will post the co-ordinates at 10:00 am on Sunday - The Race Starts!

Find the cache, follow co-ords (contained therein)to the watering hole for the meeting. A prize awaits the 1st geocacher to find this one!

PLEASE let me know via this forum if Sunday 28th April 2002 is GOOD for you.........Also via e-mail if you like! richard.groves1@ntlworld.com

Good Luck Ladies & Gentlemen

Distinct lack of interest in this venture today!

We, have therefore postponed our meeting/event until Sunday 26th may 2002. I will keep you posted but would appreciate an e-mail from interested parties ...Ta!

quote:
Originally posted by Finger:

A Few of the Hertfordshire Geocachers met this evening in a pub.

We would like to start a local "Cachers" group with meetings in pubs in the area.

Is anyone interested. The more the merrier.

Please reply to this if you are interested.

Finger

icon_confused.gif

[This message was edited by Grovesie on April 28, 2002 at 08:18 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by martic10:

To lay in or not on Sunday, that is the question. No competition, I'll be there.

Unfortunately, there was a distinct lack of interest in our planned meeting for Sunday 28th April 2002! We, therefore, have postponed our meeting/event until Sunday 26th May 2002. If you are at all interested in attending our meeting please e-mail me with your details and I shall keep you posted.

richard.groves1@ntlworld.com

icon_confused.gif

[This message was edited by Grovesie on May 26, 2002 at 08:20 AM.]

Yes Grovsie.

It sounds interesting...Should be a laugh! specially meeting all the fellow cachers etc..

Would love to meet Masher and Peter Howard, would be truly sublime!

Aswell as you Grovsie,,,Tim and June and Chris and Maria would be fun too..

I would suggest you make a cache page of the meet with the CO-Ords of the pub etc.

Pid x

Watch out its a Golfcourse... (Team Dan + Pid)

There's always going to be some people who can't come no matter what day you choose. What you do depends on whether you are trying to have a cachers meet or some sort of regular game.

I quite like the idea of a regular game where somebody selects a location, publishes the coordinates and then everybody else has to race to get there. That would be a cache with 4 dimensional coordinates. Also, if only one or two other people turn up, it would not be a failure.

If anybody plans to do this, choose a location where you can shelter from the elements.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

Tomorrow (May 1st) is my birthday, and Mrs Masher is whisking me away on holiday for a few weeks.

At this stage, it is still a surprise as I haven't been told where we are going.

I shall, of course, be taking my trusty Garmin and a couple of bugs I have in my possession.

Looking forward to hopefully bagging a couple of international caches! icon_biggrin.gif

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

I've been having internet problems so haven't been checking the forums and so have missed this thread.

I'm really keen and would love to participate on 26th May. It will be really good to put some faces to names (am I mad or what!?).

Living round here I'd propose the Watford area but would be happy to travel. If it's around Watford I would happily put up a few new Hornet's Hides, real or probably virtual with a bit of hunting involved. Otherwise I'd be more than happy to hunt someone else's.

Meanwhile Happy Birthday Mr Masher!

Peter (aka Hornet)

Currently on a cruise ship sailing Down the Malacca Strait. Did a cache in Singapore. Off to Bali later today. Think there is a cache there. Gotta go, only 2mins left on this internet access thingy....

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

Well, I am back in time for the meet, but as I stated earlier, this weekend is already booked up for me I am afraid.

3 weeks away, and only bagged two caches - one in Singapore and one in Bali. Doh!

Helped Olly, the travel bug that I picked up in The Ely Experience (I think), to get to number 1 most travelled bug. So that was nice. icon_razz.gif

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

The event IS ON FOLKS! Sunday 26th May 2002 @ 11:30 AM I WILL POST THE CORRECT COORDINATES FOR THE CACHE. We do hope that ANYBODY will be able to attend for what promises to be an enjoyable couple of hours! I should be most grateful for e-mails from those that are planning to attend. If the Weather is inclement on the day (Pouring Down)You can give "Finger" a buzz on xxxxxxxxxxxxxand he wil direct you to the "Watering Hole" for the meet! Many thanks Grovesie (On behalf of Herts Geocachers)

Additional hints can be decrypted

Finger

(UK Charter Member)

[This message was edited by Finger on May 26, 2002 at 07:56 AM.]

To all of you that braved the elements....Thankyou!

I am very pleased with the turnout for todays event and I am sorry for those that were unable to attend! A thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours and I look PHoward to the next one!......Peter or Neil!