MapSource MetroGuide Europe CD - unlocking

geomania

When I bought Roads and Recreation I think it was about £50 and Metroguide was about £90. Metroguide has more features, but RR divides the map into smaller tiles (useful if you have limited memory in your GPSr).

Software theft

If everybody ripped off the software, Garmin would stop supplying it because it wouldn't be profitable. We all have total contempt for the people who break into our cars when we're out caching. There is very little moral difference between that and software theft.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by geomania:

Who's got the cheapest deal on these at the moment?

Not sure if they'er the cheapest but Global Positioning Systems (get to them via the Groundspeak link) has MetroGuide Europe at £99.99 and the Road & Recreations at £89.99, both inc. VAT but postage extra.

John

Wild Tupperware Hunter

quote:
Originally posted by TreeBeard (Pid):

Software....you mean you actually PAY for software icon_wink.gif

Just as long as you don't post that on another site we should be Ok LoL

Mike B (dadgum, on paul's login icon_biggrin.gif)

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Team Blitz

White gravel? What white gravel? I can't see any.... heck, who cares!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremyp

When I bought Roads and Recreation I think it was about £50 and Metroguide was about £90. Metroguide has more features, but RR divides the map into smaller tiles (useful if you have limited memory in your GPSr).

I would be interested where you got R&R for £50. I can only find it for £89. icon_frown.gif

Mark

quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Chris:

I would be interested where you got R&R for £50. I can only find it for £89. icon_frown.gif

Mark

I can't remember icon_frown.gif - it was probably Amazon or GPS warehouse - also about a year ago. I remember it was definitely significantly cheaper than Metroguide - had MG been only £10 more, I would have bought it.

-------

jeremyp

quote:
Software theft

If everybody ripped off the software, Garmin would stop supplying it because it wouldn't be profitable. We all have total contempt for the people who break into our cars when we're out caching. There is very little moral difference between that and software theft.

But why else were CD burners invented icon_wink.gif

....and I do pay for some software, specially for companies that are worthwhile.....that DOESNT include M$, which you'll be no doubt glad to hear Jeremy.

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by TreeBeard (Pid):

....and I do pay for some software, specially for companies that are worthwhile.....that DOESNT include M$, which you'll be no doubt glad to hear Jeremy.

I'd prefer it if, instead of ripping off Microsoft's software, people obtained it legally from one of its competitors. Not that I would suggest that all m$ software is bad. What I object to is the lemming like way that lots of people use to decide that they are going M$ and the way that M$ exploits that.

-------

jeremyp