Site Modifications and Changes

It all looks easy enough to find things.

The only down side is I can't find the map of Britain!!!

If I am going to the lakes(for example) then I would look at the map and click on the ones I havn't done and work from that. How do we know where the caches are, especialy if they don't have a county after them??

I shall just have to stick to GUK from now on!

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

Who has checked out the new nearest pages and log in buttons etc.

I think it makes looking for nearest caches a whole lot easier! WELL DONE to whoever thought of this.

Pid

Its just a hunt for a lunch box, why be so serious!?! http://www.phillyjunglemassive.com/cru/djaa/badgerslayer.gif

Dan Wilson - http://www.Buckscaching.co.uk - Stash Notes, forums & Much more...

Funny thing, I thought the new layout was not as good!! I'll get used to it quick enough though.

:-)

Bob....

http://www.bobh.co.uk

Ooh, I don't like the new "nearest from home coordintates" page. Instead of the old, sensible system of leaving caches already found (and caches archived or unavailable) at the bottom of the page, it has them all bundled in together. This makes it much harder to use, IMHO. On the plus side, the greater level of information shown on the same page is helpful.

is it possible to modify it for persnal use, (ie) somepeople seem to like all caches together, others (myself included) find it easier to search them with the ones found at the top instead of having to look for a little [X] to see if i have been there or not.

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

is it possible to modify it for persnal use, (ie) somepeople seem to like all caches together, others (myself included) find it easier to search them with the ones found at the top instead of having to look for a little [X] to see if i have been there or not.

Just tick the 'Exclude hidden/found items from results' box before clicking on 'seek >'.

What's your favourite thing?

quote:
Originally posted by SimonG:

Just tick the 'Exclude hidden/found items from results' box before clicking on 'seek >'.

]

Not there if you are clicking on the link from your 'My' page.

It also doesn't indicate if you own a cache :-(

I didn't like the old one, and I like this one less :-(

I only use it for looking for 'new' caches, as this is the only item that is not on GUK list.

WoodSmoke

[This message was edited by Wood Smoke on June 16, 2003 at 01:13 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by nicktinknick (Nick & Ali):

Postie,

If you find out the postcode of the area you plan to visit and then search using it. It finds the nearest caches to the postcode and not just the only ones in it (if that makes sense). Not ideal I know - particularly as some countries get to be able to search on state/county.........

Shall we just decrypt the clue?

Ah! but the only problem with this method is, I usualy look at the map, find a cluster of caches and then decide to go there!!

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

I don't like the new style of "nearest caches" page, often referred to by people as your own "front page". Since the page is now dynamic, depending on whether you exclude or include found caches, you have lost the old concept of "clearing my front page", a sport which I am still in the process of playing, and which has now, after nearly a year of playing it, been whisked from my grasp.

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

I want to be able to look at the caches in Switzerland but it doesn't let me put a state or county in and the postcode part doesn't work or I'm not sure of the format it wants. How on earth do you look for caches in this instance? Is there a way you can get to the maps still?

The links for maps from the G.com home page seem to be just for USA at the moment. But if you click on one of them you are given the option of a world map and then Europe and then Uk, when you get there, bookmark it!! Convoluted way I know, but I'm sure it will get sorted.

Somewhat like the curates egg, the changes seem to be good in parts.

I've often wanted to just load a page with all my nearest caches which I haven't done. Although I can't do this from the "my cache page" it is possible from the "search a postcode" part. I think I'll wait for all the adjustments to come in before making a final decision.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.