Captain Pugwash

Only partly gc relevent. Have seen a lot of reference to Captain Pugwash lately( soft toy placed in cache/TB etc!). Has there been a new series? I think of the signature tune whenever I see the name, one of the favourites from my childhood!

ttfn

jane

'Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!'

Eleanor Roosevelt

quote:
Originally posted by kennamatic:

By amazing coincidence I started using the Captain Pugwash theme as the ringtone on my mobile last Sunday.

Snap!

I was gonna fess up to having that on my 'phone but was too chicken... Great to know I'm not alone!! icon_biggrin.gif

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

What Trolls?

I have a theory that whenever adults discuss childrens' TV, sooner or later those Pugwash names will come up. Thanks to Omally for providing yet more evidence icon_biggrin.gif !

Where did you get the ringtone? Someone I work with has the nickname "Captain Pugwash" and I'm sure he'd be interested.

Going caching this evening (just to keep us slightly on topic!)

Paul

I came, I cached, I fell over in the mud

quote:
Originally posted by Paul G0TLG:

Where did you get the ringtone?

My phone has a composer and I got the keystrokes fromthis site. they are literally changing servers at this very moment so you can't get to the kids themes. I'll update the link as soon as they are back up and running.

In the meantime, if anyone is desperate you can mail me at kennamatic@deskb.co.uk and I'll send you them.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

quote:
Apparantly, the Grauniad got sued for a lot of money because they propagated the rumour of the false names of Pugwash characters. I won't repeat them here, but I'm sure everyone knows what I'm on about...

Nothing wrong with the names "Sea man Staines" and "Master Bates" surely???

I don't get the fuss icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!mikejackson1-vi.gif

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz, Suni, Jack & Kashi:

The Clangers...now your talking. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yay! The Soup Dragon, Iron Chicken and The Froglets

As polyphonic sound becomes more popular on phones and perhaps midi files as ring tones we might eventually get to the Clangers informing us of incoming messages.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.