Children in Need 2004 Event.

TheCat

Starting on the 14/11/2003 until 21/11/2003 This years CIN Event will visit the following towns. (In alphabetical order).

Aberdeen

Aberystwyth

Ashford

Basingstoke

Birmingham

Bodmin

Bournemouth

Brighton

Bristol

Burnley

Caernarfon

Canterbury

Cardiff

Carlisle

Chelmsford

Chesterfield

Colwyn Bay

Coventry

Derby

Dorchester

Dundee

Edinburgh

Exeter

Exmouth

Glasgow

Gloucester

Guildford

Hastings

High Wycombe

Inverness

Ipswich

Leeds

Leicester

Liverpool

London

Manchester

Middlesbrough

Milford Haven

Northampton

Norwich

Oxford

Penrith

Penzance

Peterborough

Plymouth

Portsmouth

Preston

Ripon

Salisbury

Scarborough

Sheffield

Southampton

Sunderland

Swansea

Taunton

Torquay

Truro

Wakefield

Worcester

York

I hope there will be a town near you. I will add more towns if people can not get to one of the ones that I am visiting. At the moment With the provisional route I have worked out I will travel about 3,000 miles in the week.

I hope that as many of you will support this event as it is in a good cause.

More details will be posted here in the coming weeks.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

So, no interrupted night's sleep in Chippenham Services?

More seriously, it would be good if you could post a rough map or simply the order in which you'll be visiting these towns so we can work out when (and where) to intercept you?

[Posted from the back of beyond]

Dave

Founder member of GAGB

quote:
Originally posted by TheCat:

(In alphabetical order).

Aberdeen

Aberystwyth

Ashford

Basingstoke

etc..

etc..

I have to say that visiting them in alphabetical order is going to make it much harder. But best of luck.. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

..and what happened to Dewsbury & Batley?? I believe we were first to catch you last year.

Alex.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

I am not planning to visit them in alaphabetical order. I am not that daft. Ok well I am daft. As I am starting in Leeds and heading North I am sure that you might get another first find Alex.

Oh and as a side issue I have noticed I have called this thread 2004 it should be 2003 Opps.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

[This message was edited by TheCat on October 09, 2003 at 12:07 AM.]

Lol Birmingham is the closest to me. I wouldn't mind a Stafford in there- I think there are at least three other cachers (The Bennett Familiy, Haywood Hornet, Bess's Friends?) who are nearby. Only prob is that Stafford doesn't have a BBC station there! icon_razz.gif

MarcB

Took Log Book, Left Nothing

I am having some problems with the BBC this time as thay are not doing so many concerts as thay call them. So visits to stations will be made but as and when. I will publish a provisional route in the next few days. Remember that I will be catachable at all times I am traveling. So I will not just be stopping at the towns on the route. When the numbers are published there will be a voice number so if you are near by you will be able to request me to stop and wait for you. Also minor detours will be accomodated if there is time.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

Hi Mark , As you are traveling from Basingstoke to Portsmouth, may I request a stop over in sunny Andover. I will be only too happy to make you a cup of tea and donate appropriately. Any other Andover 'area' cachers that would like to meet up at our place or some other mutually convenient spot, feel free to e-mail me for directions and I'll get the kettle on. Cheers, John.

It is the season now to go,

about the country high and low,

a hidden treasure's what you'll find

if you can best employ your mind.

Just a bit more information for you all. Ian and I are working on a system that will enable you to track the fox on the internet this time. We are not sure how we are going to work it yet but the favorite at the moment is that the map will update every 10 miles that I travel plus when I stop. More information will be available when we get the system working.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

You pay for the transport Washboy and I will go no problem. LOL.

Following on from some tests done this weekend I can now confirm that there will be a map on the web when the event starts so that my progress can be followed as I drive the event. Many thanks goto Teasel who has done all the codeing etc for this.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

Just to let you know those nice guys at Garmin have let us have a Gecko101 to raffle during the CIN event.Tickets will be available when you catch me. A free ticket will also be given to each person catching the fox.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

[This message was edited by TheCat on October 16, 2003 at 10:07 AM.]

[This message was edited by TheCat on October 16, 2003 at 10:10 AM.]

The rocks are a special order item. If you place the order I will deliver them on the way round and put the shipping charges to CIN for you. As for taking merchandise with me I will not have room as I will have all my camping gear with me but pre ordered items I will deliver, and do the same with the shipping charges. Place the comment on your order to be collected on CIN.

If you want any special order items the order must be placed by Tuesday next when I am placing my order with GC.COM

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com