Slytherin/Alex 600

windswept

I nearly had you, but had to take 'er indoors away for the weekend so missed out on the "Big one". We'll have to go for 700 now icon_smile.gif

Excellent achievement mate, very very well done!!!!

Enthusiastic user of GeocacheUK - Information, not control.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

I dream of doing 600 caches... When I started this hobby in March 2002 I had this crazy ambition to complete all the caches in the UK. Now I realise it would be like trying to put out a forest fire with a teaspoon with the amount of spare time I have.

I wish I did not have to work because I would very easily prove all the people outside of this hobby wrong who tell me I would soon become bored.....

Anyway I digress- An outstanding achievement. I dare say there are more than a few of us who envy your score.

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

Well done Alex and Kim.

Dosn't seem long since you said you were taking it easy and not worrying about numbers - hate to think what you would be up to if you were really trying icon_redface.gif

Got to be honest, from 500 to 600 took probably the longest 100 we've done, because we don't hit them like we used to. But we went to Austin, Texas last month and they have a lot of historic virtuals which we did. Very interesting and educational. So we chalked up a lot of hits in a short space of time without rying too hard.

I'm back there now. It's 10 in the morning and over 100+ degrees so I don't think I'll be doing too much on this trip. Although I did just hit a drive-by on the way to Kinko's to use the internet. I'm after a couple of 4/4 and a 4/5 this time just to redress the balance a little icon_smile.gif

Highs and lows, well Fossil Transfer still has to be up there on the list, and the low, I'm still not saying as I don't think it's fair to comment. And other people have done the same cache and not hated it quite as much as I do.

Well, back to the sauna that is called Texas.....

Alex.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

quote:
Originally posted by washboy:

Yeah! But the live music is just amazing in Austin, don't you think? A great way to spend a sultry night icon_cool.gif

Haven't had much time to find out yet. Spent this evening watching my friend Wayne play softball. Friday night I think we are going to the Broken Spoke which is one of the more famous live music venues in Austin.

Alex.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....