Pharisee does it!

The Hornet

Been watching this guy grab caches over the past few weeks like they were going out of fasion and today he gets his 100!!

Way to go Pharisee.

Onward to 200 now.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

Congratulations Pharisee!

Hope your 101st cache was as good as your 100th ;-)

What fun I had watching him lift up the cable TV cover out of my window! ;-) then greeting him as he found the cache. LoL

Go Pharisee, onward to 200!

Pid

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

I feel such a fraud, taking all you congratulations and stuff. It really was no big deal. Unlike the poor geocachers in some parts of the country who had to travel 100 miles to get their first 20 caches, I only had to travel 20 miles to get my first 100 icon_wink.gif. Living, as I do, pretty close to the Beds, Herts, Bucks border I have some of the most prolific cache setters in the country right on my doorstep. Now it's almost second nature to look under every cattle trough I see just in case The Hornet has got there first icon_wink.gif

True, not all of my finds have been that close but the majority have. That will change, though, as the weather gets better and my wife is more amenable to us going away for weekends. We intend to do a lot more caches that are further afield.

As I only started towards the end of last year, I've yet to sample the delights of summer caching. You know... stinging nettles, brambles, biting insects, lousy GPSr reception... all the good things icon_wink.gif

I'm not going to get into all that best and worst stuff but watching my wife slowly sink into a swamp when we inadvertently strayed off the path while on route to The Cache at Pooh Bridge has to be one of the funniest. Pity she didn't think so.... Ho hum

I'd just like to say thanks to every one who's set caches for me to find. I've seen some wonderful countryside right on my own doorstep that I would probably never have seen if I hadn't discovered you lot a few months ago. It's brought home to me just what a beautiful country we all live in.

One thing I have been neglecting is the setting of caches. My found/set ration is a dismal 50/1. I intend to change that before very long, too, so watch this space, as they say.

Thanks again, peoples

As my friend Vinnie said 'It's been emotional'

John (and Hil, who's not best pleased that I included the bit about the swamp)

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

As you were saying, you are very lucky to have 100 caches within 20 miles! icon_smile.gif It was great having a chat to you at the Winchester meet- I forget what number you were on then but I remember the swamp story icon_biggrin.gif

MarcB

"We searched for hours in the cache area but all we could find was an ammo box in a little hollow. Suggest you archive the cache..."