Christmas get together

Well Mrs H work place just had an exercise based on the country being completely snow-bound, so I guess Winter is just around the corner. That means Christmas We've been thinking about organising some sort of get together, along the lines of the Chichester meeting. We meet in a pub. Cache(s) are set for the day etc etc. Thinking of meeting up somewhere in the Bournemouth area. So for date. How about 14th December? If we did something, who would be able to attend.

Nothing definite yet. Just banding an idea around.

Peter and Susan

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

quote:
Originally posted by Liz Codd:

14th December is my birthday so count me in!

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why is it that when you're out for a walk carrying a map everyone asks if you're lost?

Kewl a birthday parteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as well :-)

WoodSmoke

Logo5.gif GeocacheUK - very useful resources for the UK Geocaching community

I just checked my schedule and I am unfortunately working that day (Yes I do know that far in advance!!)

If I can get some nice kind soul to cover me then I would love to pop down and help celebrate birthdays and Christmas icon_smile.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

As this seems to be getting out of hand with birthdays and xmas...........how about holding on the Saturday so we can carry on into the evening?

And those who want to can stay on overnight and not have to get up for work on Monday?

Perhaps arrange a proper (I'm not saying that you are not organising properly) xmas (and birthday) do with tickets, food etc in somewhere?

We're still not happy about going to Dorset (they're a bit backward there after all) but hey.............

WoodSmoke

quote:
Originally posted by Wood Smoke:

As this seems to be getting out of hand with birthdays and xmas...........how about holding on the Saturday so we can carry on into the evening?

And those who want to can stay on overnight and not have to get up for work on Monday?

Perhaps arrange a proper (I'm not saying that you are not organising properly) xmas (and birthday) do with tickets, food etc in somewhere?

Well the previous weekend is my birthday treat seeing the lovely Hayley Mills on stage in London. Now the 13th December I'm working as AFC Bournemouth have a home match that day. Hence my saying about the Sunday. Now if people want a more formal do. Then, yes we can arrange that. The pub I was thinking of, which I think is actually in Hampshire (which will please Woodsmoke) can do more formal meals. Would you be intereted in having live music? I can do that as well. Be of the rock sort though...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Count me in.

Since I used the HCC bash as a BBQ for *my* birthday, I don't see why you shouldn't do something like that for yours.

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

quote:
Originally posted by Mr & Mrs Hedgehog:

Now the 13th December I'm working as AFC Bournemouth have a home match that day.

Assuming they are playing in the afternoon, what's up with the evening?

quote:
The pub I was thinking of, which I think is actually in Hampshire....

Will the border fence be raised? I don't like going that close to Dorset :-(

WoodSmoke

quote:

quote:
If I can get some nice kind soul to cover me

The only thing I suggest covering The Merman with is a large oily canvas sheet..........saves all the rest of us from embarrassment :-)

WoodSmoke

http://www.geocacheuk.com - _very_ useful resources for the UK Geocaching community

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Are you sure the Smoke is from wood, and not some other substance?

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

quote:

Or are we camping again???

In December?

Sounds like fun! Where do I sign?

Oh, and Saturday is good for me, but if it's a stop over affair, would it be a Friday to Saturday, or weekend job? Just curious.

------

"There's Sparticus. That's him, over there."

quote:
Originally posted by Kouros:

Oh, and Saturday is good for me, but if it's a stop over affair, would it be a Friday to Saturday, or weekend job? Just curious.

I think the suggestion is a Saturday evening do, with a drunken comatose sleep, and then sort yourself out on Sunday :-)

WoodSmoke

quote:

I think the suggestion is a Saturday evening do, with a drunken comatose sleep, and then sort yourself out on Sunday :-)

But that's not very morally upstanding! icon_eek.gif

Again, where do I sign?

------

"There's Sparticus. That's him, over there."

The big trouble I see is that many places will be booked out for Saturday evening that close to Christmas.

Also there is the accomodation issue. Do people want the extra expense of B&B? Especially those with kids?

A cache is also going to be placed as well. It will get dark about 4.30 at that time of year. So wouldn't a lunch time be better?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr & Mrs Hedgehog:

The big trouble I see is that many places will be booked out for Saturday evening that close to Christmas.

Also there is the accomodation issue. Do people want the extra expense of B&B? Especially those with kids?

A cache is also going to be placed as well. It will get dark about 4.30 at that time of year. So wouldn't a lunch time be better?

Well it's your party, so you can have it whenever you want :-)

WoodSmoke

Sorry to do this to you folks but we think that we're going to have to announce that we will be unable to organise a Christmas get togther as promised. Sorry to let the geocachers who had already expressed an interest down but we feel that we couldn't dedicate the time or funds to organise it at the moment. Mrs H is changing jobs plus we suddenly find ourselves with other commitments. We thought we'd better let people know in good time just in case anyone else wishes to organise something of their own which we'd obviously support. Hopefully we will be able to organise an alternative event in the future. Apologies once again !

Peter and Susan

How about we just all meet at a pub somewhere that does food, so that we can have an Xmas social.

Perhaps if someone is planning on setting a cache in the South somewhere we could tie it in with the event.

I don't mind organising it if we can agree on a venue to meet on that Saturday. I think its a good idea to have it on the 13th so that those who want to carry on into the night, can.

quote:
Originally posted by Krazy Kats:

How about we just all meet at a pub somewhere that does food, so that we can have an Xmas social.

Perhaps if someone is planning on setting a cache in the South somewhere we could tie it in with the event.

I don't mind organising it if we can agree on a venue to meet on that Saturday. I think its a good idea to have it on the 13th so that those who want to carry on into the night, can.

Omallys flat is a good idea :-)

He can provide the booze then :-)

WoodSmoke

GeocacheUK - very useful resources for the UK Geocaching community

Hi, I'm back from the back of beyond!

Just tlet you know that if people are interested, We may organise a second "Winchester cachers and friends late christmas pub social" (bloody hell that was a long one!). It would probably be around the Winchester area again, but maybe not actually in Winchester (shock horror).

Any interest?

Mike

Mike

Of course.....

quote:
Originally posted by Seifer (Mike Blitz):

Just tlet you know that if people are interested, We may organise a second "Winchester cachers and friends late christmas pub social"

<snip>

Any interest?

Woo to that! icon_cool.gif

I missed it last year: thing is, if the number of cachers round this way is directly proportionate to the number of caches, you'll need to book the Town Hall! bad_boy_a.gif

Omally

Member of the GAGB