Coombe Hill Pictures

The camera in the cache on Coombe Hill (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=369) ran out of film in January, so a number of visitors have been unable to take their picture, plus there are people eager to see how their pictures came out. The cache owner has been contacted, but hasn't, as yet responded.

This poll is to determine what we do next, and will run until 1st April.

Richard

Thinking back to my 'O' level photography days, once the silver halides on a film have been exposed to light, I think you only have so long to process the film before they start to deteriorate. I remember leaving an exposed film in my camera for about a year once, before processing it. It came out awful. Chemicals are probably a lot more stable now, but it must still happen.

Leaving a camera in a cache for a long period of time may well actually ruin it.

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

You are spot on there Masher. Another thing that will ruin it is high temperatures, so if its been out somewhere warm that won't help. Photographers store their film in the fridge to delay deterioration. I wouldn't have thought wide variations in temperatures won't do any good either - but I'm no chemist. This has led me to plump for option three on the questionnaire despite having some sympathy for option one.

Its possible the guys just not around lately, his "found" list contains a few US caches so the guy may simply be all over the place and not near his inbox.

I have every confidence in the integrity of his camera and film, so much so I'll be prepared to put money on ........ ah well, maybe not - scratch that last bit. icon_wink.gif

Its possible the guys just not around lately, his "found" list contains a few US caches so the guy may simply be all over the place and not near his inbox.

I have every confidence in the integrity of his camera and film, so much so I'll be prepared to put money on ........ ah well, maybe not - scratch that last bit. icon_wink.gif

I am a true faithful GeoCacher I am faithful to my word, but really guys do you need to stick to the rules that much? just develop the camera and stick up the fotos, mainly becoz me and Dan took a picture of a Badger and a weasel in the nearby undergrowth!

WESTSIDE RESPEK!

Piddi

Ok, I went and swapped the camera's this afternoon, unfortunately, due to bank holiday opening I missed the chance to drop the camera off to be developed by about 10 minutes, so will go back tomorrow. icon_frown.gif

When it's done I'll put the pictures up online so people can take a look, and drop the prints, negatives etc back in the cache for the cache owner to pick up when he next checks the cache.

Richard

Ok, I went and swapped the camera's this afternoon, unfortunately, due to bank holiday opening I missed the chance to drop the camera off to be developed by about 10 minutes, so will go back tomorrow. icon_frown.gif

When it's done I'll put the pictures up online so people can take a look, and drop the prints, negatives etc back in the cache for the cache owner to pick up when he next checks the cache.

Richard