What do you like to find in a cache

Nia

we are planning to place a few more caches, and we never know what to put in them, You do see a bit of 'junk' so vote please.

(I know some people think some of the items should not be left in caches but that is for another poll)

Winners go in the new caches (depending on finance)

There are only 5 slots so please post your own preferences, as well.

I've never been bothered what was actually in the cache but I've always felt that you can't go wrong with a few toys for the young ones. I know that when I was little if someone offered to take me on a treasure hunt for toys I would have been there like a shot. Nothing much has changed except I leave the toys now (sometimes icon_wink.gif )

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

I've never been bothered what was actually in the cache but I've always felt that you can't go wrong with a few toys for the young ones. I know that when I was little if someone offered to take me on a treasure hunt for toys I would have been there like a shot. Nothing much has changed except I leave the toys now (sometimes icon_wink.gif )

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

Personnally I don't usually take stuff out of caches and when I do it's usually only to put it in another cache icon_smile.gif For me, the hunt and the finding is the reward.

Having said that, with a lot of these threads, the people who have children often state the opinion that the children like swapping stuff and get disappointed if the cache doesn't have things in that they would like, so I'd recommend that you put things in that would appeal to children with the exception of food stuffs (including sweets).

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

Personnally I don't usually take stuff out of caches and when I do it's usually only to put it in another cache icon_smile.gif For me, the hunt and the finding is the reward.

Having said that, with a lot of these threads, the people who have children often state the opinion that the children like swapping stuff and get disappointed if the cache doesn't have things in that they would like, so I'd recommend that you put things in that would appeal to children with the exception of food stuffs (including sweets).

-------

jeremyp

quote:
Originally posted by Masher:

Personally, I like to find money in a cache.

For me, there is nothing more enjoyable than to open a cache and find several thousand pounds - which I then take and replace with a keyring.

----------------------

I was technical once

Now I see it all,

Your'e the one who keeps beating us to the caches. icon_biggrin.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

To cache, or not to cache. That is the question !

Oh to hell with the work. icon_smile.gif

quote:

For me, there is nothing more enjoyable than to open a cache and find several thousand pounds - which I then take and replace with a keyring.

----------------------

I was technical once

Now I see it all,

Your'e the one who keeps beating us to the caches. icon_biggrin.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

To cache, or not to cache. That is the question !

Oh to hell with the work. icon_smile.gif

quote:

I think it's a bad idea to put large quantities of money in a cache as it might encourage plundering. If I ever find a cache with thousands of pounds in, I usually confiscate the money and spread the remaining contents of the cache over a wide area so as to discourage plunderers from trying to find the cache. icon_smile.gif

PS I recently got into debt because of gambling. Can you lend us a fiver? icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

quote:

I think it's a bad idea to put large quantities of money in a cache as it might encourage plundering. If I ever find a cache with thousands of pounds in, I usually confiscate the money and spread the remaining contents of the cache over a wide area so as to discourage plunderers from trying to find the cache. icon_smile.gif

PS I recently got into debt because of gambling. Can you lend us a fiver? icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

Thanks for the feedback.

We have planted 2 more caches today.

having read the comments and poll results so far we have put the following in the 2 new caches:

Key rings - nice wooden ones

Toys - various

Books - childrens

and £10,000 in cash icon_smile.gif

good hunting.

Thanks for the feedback.

We have planted 2 more caches today.

having read the comments and poll results so far we have put the following in the 2 new caches:

Key rings - nice wooden ones

Toys - various

Books - childrens

and £10,000 in cash icon_smile.gif

good hunting.

quote:
Originally posted by element14:

What I take from one cache I tend to plant in another one, leaving a note in the log about where the object has come from.

I think this is a good idea, especially the part about leaving the note re: where it came from.

Having said that, I'm using ... as a 'signature item' ... old pure silver US half dollars (40-65 years old - they stopped making them in 1965). I think they'd be quite cool for either an adult or a kid to get.

It is, of course, a fond remembrance of my former homeland. I'm also curious to see if any might turn up away from their 'home cache'. Sort of an unofficial network of travel bugs.

The only problem is what will happen when I run out. I only have about 25 left!

I guess I'll have to give up geocaching, and take up numismatics.

See ya on the trail,

the tapir