Nothing more from me on this topic

The Hornet

To be honest I've had just about as much of this as I can cope with. One (two?) poor guys made a perfectly innocent attempt to interest what they thought were probably like minded people in what WE all know to be a perfectly innocent pastime. This proved NOT to be the case.

OK that's the way it is. They tried, failed, apologised and moved on. That's it, closed.

Next time I'm out caching I shall walk somewhere I'm allowed to walk. I shan't leave anything apart from muddy footprints. I'll find (hopefully) a small box, well hidden, write a few words and walk on.

Next time I place a cache I shall find myself in an area at least 785,000 sq ft from another cache placing a HIDDEN box no more than 1 sq ft in area. It will be carefully hidden so no casual passer by finds it. I won't be causing a noise or pollution nuisance, I'll be quietly enjoying a public place, interfering with nobody. Nobody will know I've been there apart from fellow geocachers. That's the name of the game.

Please explain to me the problem with that. On second thoughts please don't, I don't want to know. My own conscience is clear.

MCL wrote a VERY erudite post which I cannot add to, he sums up my thoughts very well, thanks.

Maybe it's the 3 large glasses of red wine I've had before writing this post but to my mind getting wet, muddy, cold and frustrated seems much more attractive than continuing this argument. Nuff said. Keep those caches coming D&P. Keep telling us those tales that amuse us so much. Your'e the sort of people we need.

There's no place for sanity here ;-)

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

As I have been away all week this will be my one and only post on the subject. I think we need to Live and let Live. I have no problems with any of the caches I have placed as they have interfered with no one and have caused no damage, despite some of the comments. We all have different thoughts on many subjects. In the heat of a football match I may (I will!!!) not like Manchester united but am quite happy to have a beer with their fans before or afterwards and life goes on. I have met a number of Iraqui's in my job and have found them kind and decent people but that does not excuse their ruler.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hornet:

Keep them coming D&P

Ok Hornet you asked for it, my new cache is going to be live in 24 Hours time....NOT advertising....Actually sorry I guess it actually is advertising icon_rolleyes.gif well it wasnt intended, so please let me off.icon_wink.gif

I'm just extremly chuffed the meet isnt this weekend because we would probably be fighting them off with baseball bats....actually come to think of it we could have just used Ammo cans as missiles! icon_biggrin.gif The wouldnt have had a chance. LoL

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:

I'm just extremly chuffed the meet isnt this weekend because we would probably be fighting them off with baseball bats....actually come to think of it we could have just used Ammo cans as missiles! icon_biggrin.gif

Lol!

I don't know if you noticed, but the day that Inside Out was screened, I went to the Cache Meet page, and removed the name of the pub, just in case any "head cases" wanted to try & disrupt things... I didn't really think such a thing WOULD happen, but you can't be too careful!

But forgetting your "action comments" above for a moment, I think that the meeting would have been certainly soured by the events of the last week.

I also suspect that, because so many did meet up last week, that we all "understand" each other so much better as a result.... and we ended up with an acceptable outcome.... I suspect that COULD have been different if things had occurred pre-meet.

Paul

Team Blitz

White gravel? What white gravel? I can't see any.... heck, who cares!