Paraphinalia

On a non-serious note, do you have any items that are exclusively for Geocaching as in "These are my Geocaching trousers"?

For my part I have a waistpack/bumbag that contains pens, ziplocks, trinkets, etc that only comes out for Geocaching trips.

I expect we all have something. Mine is a small single strap 'rucsac' that contains a pen, some drink, a few rubbish bags, some ziploc bags, compass and my little box of cache goodies. It is only used for Geocaching, lives by the front door and is always ready for action...

Oh, also a retractable hiking stick that lives in the car and comes on every cache hunt. It's never normally needed but for some reason I just feel more comfortable if it's with me.

Steve

If you can see the 'light at the end of the tunnel', it's usually a train coming !

quote:
Originally posted by 101325:

On a non-serious note, do you have any items that are exclusively for Geocaching as in "These are my Geocaching trousers"?

For my part I have a waistpack/bumbag that contains pens, ziplocks, trinkets, etc that only comes out for Geocaching trips.

The paraphernalia used in geocaching is called 'geonitalia'. I don't want to know what a bumbag is. icon_razz.gif

Beach Park, Il USA

Cholo said

The paraphernalia used in geocaching is called 'geonitalia'. I don't want to know what a bumbag is.

In your part of the world I believe you call it a fannypack over here fanny is a rude word for a certain part of a ladies anatomy.

Just thought you might like to know that!

I didn't start out having special caching stuff but on seperate caching trips, I've torn a pair of jeans, got mud all up my coat, ruined a pair of trainers, trashed a carrier bag and lost things through holes.

I now have a caching coat and a caching bag for goodies, litter-collecting carrier bags, pens etc. I have the wellies on standby in the car at all times!

Had to laugh when I read the post about adrianjohn's pants, especially in view of the 'fannypack/bumbag' comments icon_biggrin.gif

I'll get me coat

quote:
Originally posted by 101325:

I have a 'Geo-rucksack' that contains: Camera, Binocs, 'box of stuff', torches, GPS, compass, calling cards, spare batteries etc etc....

The OTHER rucksack (which USED to be the geo-rucksack, but has a hole in it) gets used to carry the thermoses (thermi?), instant tea, cups, bottles of water etc... this one gets left in the car, but is often the first thing used after caching!!!

Paul

Noone in their right mind would place a cache THERE....

quote:
Originally posted by adrianjohn:

In your part of the world I believe you call it a fannypack over here fanny is a rude word for a certain part of a ladies anatomy.

Just thought you might like to know that!

I'm so wasted, what a bummer! Whew!...just glad to hear that 'waist pack' wasn't a typo. Yes, we are a people divided by a common language. My greatgreatgrandmother Frances wasn't at all offended by her nickname Fanny. Time's awastin', gotta go to the john. icon_wink.gif

Beach Park, Il USA