The Targett's Webside Help Icons

WE have now updated our site to include icones to help Disabeled people, families and hopefully to explaine parkin ect, this was in reply to this thread difficulty and terrain

Hopefully this will help people in the future when they visit our website.

But do people think Geocahing.com should implement this kind of icon system?

I understand the legistics of this for the admin people, but would subscribers find this helpfull?

Kids Caches and Mayhem what a day in celtic tribal city.

[This message was edited by The Targett Family on March 10, 2003 at 03:25 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by The Targett Family:

just wanted to see what people thaught with and implemented set of icons as to help out GEOC.com

with any further developements

Jeremy seems to have indicated his site will be getting them at some point, but doesn't say when... see this thread.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

The last time I looked, there was nowhere on the cache submission form to select or place any icons so how would you get them onto the cache sheet?

I know a lot of you do stuff with ‘html’ and it would probably be no problem for you but how would a ‘mere mortal’ with absolutely no knowledge of stuff like that do it?

If there’s an easy way, could someone enlighten me, please?

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

quote:

But do people think Geocaching.com should implement this kind of icon system?

As far as I can work out it will be implemented Real soon now. Jeremy is promising a large overhall of the site within a month or so, including an improved GPX format, better handling of locationless caches and a whole host of other goodies.

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:

What do you ssay Teasel?

The question of storing extra data about geocaches has been raised before. I would like to add a feature to G:UK to allow people to give marks out of 10 for caches they've visited. Others could then search/sort on these scores. Also, the cacher stats could then reflect total/average quality of caches placed/hidden etc.

I've asked GC.com whether they mind other sites holding extra data about GC.com caches but received no response.

As for extra attributes such as dog-friendliness, I have no interest in spending time developing prototype code which will be thrown away when GC.com implement the feature themselves.

quote:

Yes Welch.

I've read this thread too but still no signe of icons.

I thaught as I'm a new site that I could experiment on the behalf of geoc.com and let them know what they need.

Ok then, you asked if gc.com should add icons, I was justing pointing out they "plan" on doing so.

And FWIW- one of the other caching websites has had icons for a while. They have icons for Water, Restrooms, Handicapped Acess, Pets, Parking Lot, and Entry Fee.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg