FINGER YOU NUTTER!

Well Finger we went to your cache Rare bit Burrow this evening...

You put it on a golfcourse mate.....PRIVATE LAND SURELY....

Is this allowed???

Perhaps you should rethink your cache location.

Regards

Dan and Pid

WESTSIDE RESPEK! Lets get the party started! xxxx

Just to clarify matters.

There really is no need to trespass on a golf course or on any private land.

The clues are all in the Title & Encrypted area. I have updated the site to warn future cachers NOT to trespass & how to read the clues. Perhaps I was just a little too cryptic.

But , You found it. Well done,

Regards,

Finger

Finger

This reminds me of the ludicrous situation we had near where I live during the foot and mouth crisis. A nearby public footpath which crossed a golf course was closed due to F & M but the golf course remained open. How daft was that? So I guess similar rules apply to a cache i.e. while you couldn’t hide a cache on the course you could on the footpath.

But I don't agree .... I have given directions of where to park etc. from there to get onto the golf course you have to climb over a barbed wire fence. From my suggested starting point to get to the cache all you have to do is follow your GPS and you will not stray onto the golf course. I have in my instructions clearly advised people that to trespass on private property or go over any sports ground in not needed.

The cache IS on public ground and is frequented by many people every day with NO problems at all.

If the general thought of this thread is that i should remove the cache ... Then it will be done, But, first, please take a look at it so you can make your own decision - I would be happy to meet you there.

Regards,

Finger

Finger

Chill Finger Chill......

Your cache is a good one, Leave it right where it is. although I have to disagree with the Barbed wire fence comment....

The "PLEASENT WOODED AREA" which is supposedly great for kids....has no Barbed wire fence around it to the golf course, the barbwire fence stops about quite a way b4 this part of the wood. Where the cache is placed you will undoubtebly get people going onto green number 8 for a clear view of sky because those trees can cause havoc with the GPS....Little Johnny and Daddy might get a rude awakning on a sunday morning with a Titleist in the back of the head.....

If you beg to differ finger go back to the Cache site with your GPS and you will see I am correct...

Daoloth...What did you think??

Don't move it finger,,,if any1 trespasses it isn't your fault because you have advised them not to so it will be there fault...meaning if they get busted then who cares...

They didnt have to go on the Golf Course,,,you told them not to....Infact it makes it more of a challenge,,,I like the idea because theres sumwhere where they cannot look-and the clues good too because this makes it better

Better take the difficulty up to ** ** Finger.

Regards

Pid xx

I agree not to remove it finger, now you have changed the cache page everything is fine. The reason we had to go over so much private property is because we didnt get your clue. But can i just say we did make this comment to you before you changed the page so we really arnt as stupid as we must sound. Pid is right about the golf course bit though, maybe we were again lacking in brain cells but that looked like the only place to get a clear view of the sky. I like the cache, finding it was brilliant because it was SOOOO hard. Leave it where it is and only move it if people start having the same problems as us which im sure they wont now the page is updated.

Dan Wilson (Team Dan and Pid)

You leave that cache alone! It's in a lovely spot, all public land and no need to tresspass anywhere. The parking instructions are spot on so no excuses as long as you check a street map. The only possible improvement would be to put the co-ordinates of the suggested parking spot on the cache page.

As for straying onto the golf course, it's pretty obvious what the open land at the edge of the wood is. Anyone who goes onto a golf course without looking for flying balls deserves what they get. As long as you're careful the few seconds it takes to get a GPS reading shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Peter

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

The reason we had to go over so much private property is because we didnt get your clue.

Dan Wilson (Team Dan and Pid)

I usually find that the need to walk across private land means I'm going the wrong way so I never do it unless there is clear evidence of a public right of way. This is probably a good argument to always take an OS map that marks public footpaths with you when you go caching.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!