Webby's People's Voice Awards

SimonG

For the benefit of those who never stray outside the UK forum, geocaching.com has been nominated for a Webby's People's Voice Award. It's well ahead of the competition, but a few more votes can't hurt! The relevant thread in the General forum is here, and here's the site where you can vote (you have to register first).

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

I tried that but after I registered when I logged in it kept telling me that I had cookies switched off. As far As I know this isn't true! A little/lot off subject I know but could someone more computer knowledgable tell me how to get around this and also why Java wont run on my comp - I use internet explorer 6.0 with Windows XP.

Its just a hunt for a lunch box, why be so serious!?! badgerslayer.gif

Dan Wilson - www.Buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

I tried that but after I registered when I logged in it kept telling me that I had cookies switched off. As far As I know this isn't true! A little/lot off subject I know but could someone more computer knowledgable tell me how to get around this and also why Java wont run on my comp - I use internet explorer 6.0 with Windows XP.

Dan Wilson - http://www.Buckscaching.co.uk

Have a butchers at Tools, Internet Options, Security. Select Internet & reduce the security level till it works OK.

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

could someone more computer knowledgable tell me how to get around this and also why Java wont run on my comp - I use internet explorer 6.0 with Windows XP.

Is that Java or Javascript?

If Java it might be because M$ lost a court case which meant they could no longer distribute their Java VM (it doesn't comply with the standard). Try installing the official one from Sun.

If Javascript it is probably because you have Active Scripting disabled in your security options or possibly (less likely) because M$ Javascript doesn't comply with the standard. If the second, then most sites will still work.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

[is that Java or Javascript?

If Java it might be because M$ lost a court case which meant they could no longer distribute their Java VM (it doesn't comply with the standard).

If you apply SP1 to IE6 then it loads you up the Java VM (because Sun FORCED them to do so!!) although Microsoft say it will disappear again in a later release.

Paul

Noone in their right mind would place a cache THERE....

Back on Topic

I have cast my vote - Geocaching well in the lead but it is early days. Voting continues into May.

Andy.

----------------------------------------

All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike-and yet it is the most precious thing we have - Albert Einstein

Put a vote and a review on there. Don't know what Geocaching.com will get out of it but if they want our support I am happy to give it.

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

I placed my vote =) hopefully Geocaching will now be boosted....all 1 extra vote of it =)

Dan- that website should have worked first time coz I installed that service pack on your comp that time. remember cyril? you thought I was nutts at the time, but then we had had quite a bit of banana beer.

--------------------------------------------------------

www.buckscaching.co.uk

Did I hear a rustling over there Dan? Nope its just young Dean!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

Geocaching's a named participant in the Community category, and out in front, but it's also gaining some ground as a write-in in the following categories:

Games, Living, Sport and Travel.

So don't just vote in Community, enter a write-in vote in those other categories too.

For anyone who's not sure how to do it, just enter Geocaching in the first box, then http://www.geocaching.com in the second then check the button and Submit.

Bill