HCC Website

Being a bit slow off the mark, I've only just had a look at the HCC website caching pages. What a fantastic effort! They're a really good introduction to caching for newbies.

I suspect a number of uncredited cachers were involved in helping the HCC web team prepare these pages: Well done to them, whoever they were!

A member of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Pid:

Found the page, it does look pretty nifty...although I must say I am rather gutted at the Guidelines....look at the one second from the bottom icon_redface.gif this is outrageous!!! icon_frown.gif

http://www.hants.gov.uk/geocaching/guidelines.html

It's only discouraged. Think about it... 14 year old kid goes night-caching, pokes their eye out on a branch and their parents sue the council. It's not forbidding night caching; I think they're just covering their back in case of problems. With the number of ambulance-chasing lawyers around these days, I think they're probably very sensible to do so.

I, personally, wouldn't go night caching - but that doesn't mean I think it's wrong. If someone asked me if it was a good idea, I'd say no, I don't, but, of course, you're welcome to make your own mind up!

Stu