Looking for a geocache partner...

Have you ever been on a cache hunt, and seen something that you would have liked to share with someone, e.g. a roe deer crossing the path 15 ft in front of you, or seen some spectacular scenery that isn't done justice by the digital snap you've taken of it?

I know I have!!, and I am now looking for someone to go cacheing with on an occasional basis. My wife enjoys the occasional walk in the woods, and has been out with me a couple of times, but doesn't see the point of hunting for ammo boxes for no apparent reason.

I know I've been out more since I started cacheing, but that wasn't difficult, as I never went out at all previously. icon_wink.gif

I'm now going to make the effort to get to the Chichester cache on Sunday, and will meet up with dozens of people with the same hobby as me, and hopefully there will be someone there from my corner of Hampshire (although I don't mind travelling, and being a shift worker can go walkies during the week as well as weekends.)

Anyone interested in making a team?

DerekReed

Will cache for food. icon_smile.gif

Derek, are you coming to the HCC meet on July 19? That's near Winchester so you may have more luck finding a local cacher there than in Chichester.

I cache by myself mostly on weekday mornings as I work an afternoon/evening shift at the moment. I'd be happy to have some occasional company if that's of any use to you?

Mary

I'll get me coat

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Pid:

WOO wOO....

We have matchmaking on a caching forum icon_smile.gif i think you 2 should marry when you meet then we'll have had the first geocaching wedding icon_smile.gif hehe

Can't help thinking that Derek's wife might not be too impressed! icon_wink.gif

Geocaching is a great way to meet like-minded people - and pets!

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

quote:

Hmmmmmm maybe not but hey no harm in a light hearted affair icon_smile.gif .... Ok - I'll halt it.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!http://images2.fotki.com/v22/photos/5/55364/231450/mikejackson1-vi.gif

Seems your signature is just right! icon_biggrin.gif

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

..........Because I'm Bad, I'm Bad-

Come On

(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)

You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-

You Know It

You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad-

Come On, You Know

And The Whole World Has To

Answer Right Now

Just To Tell You Once Again,

Who's Bad . . .

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!mikejackson1-vi.gif

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by MaryE:

Derek, are you coming to the HCC meet on July 19? That's near Winchester so you may have more luck finding a local cacher there than in Chichester.

Mary,

I am hoping to get to the HCC meet as well, but am currently due to be working a shift that day. Will be trying to clear that one early next week. You going to be there?

quote:

I cache by myself mostly on weekday mornings as I work an afternoon/evening shift at the moment. I'd be happy to have some occasional company if that's of any use to you?

That'd be great. You aren't very far from here, and we could do some of the middle ground ones.

geocaching@derekreed.co.uk

quote:

WOO wOO....

We have matchmaking on a caching forum icon_smile.gif i think you 2 should marry when you meet then we'll have had the first geocaching wedding icon_smile.gif hehe

You're BAD. icon_biggrin.gif And I think my wife would probably go spare if I got married again. icon_wink.gif

DerekReed

quote:
Originally posted by Team Paradise:

Don't think MaryE's husband would be too pleased either !

_If you can see the 'light at the end of the tunnel', it's usually a train coming !_

........and I once sort of met Neil, near a brick edifice on a hill side.....big bloke! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

quote:
Originally posted by DerekReed:

quote:

WOO wOO....

You're BAD. icon_biggrin.gif And I think my wife would probably go spare if I got married again. icon_wink.gif

DerekReed

Shame. The best man could hide the ring in a cache behind the church organ icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by oper8or:

Not really sure where Hampshire is, but I will be in Shrewsbury, from the states in June, and could team up for a day.

I'm about 200 miles, and about 3.5 hours drive, from Shrewsbury.

May be a little much for a single day. icon_smile.gif

DerekReed