I need your help- Any good pics of UK Caches

I want to make a screen saver and put a gallery up on my website with good photos of views from cache locations. If anybody has good cache photos they would be happy to share I would be happy to include them.

Of course the screensaver will be free and I will make it available once I have enough pics to make it.

If you are feeling charitable please Email your pics to cfranklin@saratoga.co.uk (My work Email which is broadband so the bigger the pic the better it will look). Please include the Cache Name and Waypoint and location (Town and County) as this will save me having to look it up.

If you could include you Geocaching login name I will credit the picture in the screensaver.

If you could log a reply to this thread with details of what you have sent me.

Please do not send photos are spoilers for cache locations.

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

I think I have over a dozen pics so far. I will add some of my own as well. Please keep them coming! I will credit each photo with a superimposed bit of text on each Pic so you will be immortalised for ever!

PID, for some reason I did not recieve your Email. If you could resend it then I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

I have purchased a screen-savewr program that will create a one click install of the screen saver. With all the submissions and a lot of my photos it is just about workable, however I really could do with some more pics. So far the majority of pics are from south of the Watford Gap. To balance it out I need more photos from Northern England and Scotland.

The screensaver is currently 50 Meg. I will not be able to post it on my (Freeserve) website but will happily post a copy free of charge to all contributors.I will need a postal address of anybody who has supplied photos. Alternatively I may be able to sort out some webspace to enable broadband Internet users to download the file.

All I am asking for is photos, in return I will provide you a nice screensaver and will even pay for the CD and postage!

PID, I never got your mail with the photo. Could you send it again please.

Thanks

Chris

I need the Geocache name, its waypoint (GCXXXX) and your Geocaching handle/name so I can label the photo on the screensaver.

Thanks

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Lassitude:

All I am asking for is photos, in return I will provide you a nice screensaver and will even pay for the CD and postage!

Of course you could always distribute sme by leaving them in caches icon_wink.gif

I have some nice photos from our Ireland caches - will they count? I'll try and dig out some from Northern Ireland - they should count.

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:
Originally posted by Lassitude:

Of course you could always distribute sme by leaving them in caches icon_wink.gif

I have some nice photos from our Ireland caches - will they count? I'll try and dig out some from Northern Ireland - they should count.

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

So blinking obvious and I did not think of it. I will place the screensaver CDs in caches as well as the normal exchange. But I will be happy to supply CDs to the people who provide photos (I may not be able to get to caches near to where people who have contributed.

Welcome to the hobby Good Shephards. I only started in March so I consider myself a 'newbie' as well. Looking forward to the photos.

Thanks

Chris

Hidden Treasures screensaver-

The screensaver is now ready. I have placed copies of it in a number of caches in South Dorset. Anybody who has contributed to it can obtain a copy be emailing me a postal address and I will be more than happy to send a copy. If you did not submit and want a copy send me a begging mail of look out for it in a cache near you. I may even make a screensaver TB.

I will be producing another screensaver with further submissions so please feel free to send more photos to chris@franklin.fsbusiness.co.uk.

Do not worry about reducing the size of the photo.

I am unable to post the screensaver on my website as it is over 50Mb and BT STILL have not put up ADSL Broadband in my area.

Thanks

Chris

I have to say the screensaver is ***** Marvelous.

Very professional, and about to be loaded onto all my PCs at home and work.

Its the kind of thing which will be an interest to non cachers and a joy to cachers during those times when ( for whatever reason) thay are inable to get out and cache!

My only plea, can we have a few more up north caches on the Hidden Treasures 2003 CD.

If you haven't got one then make a beeline for any cache with one in it.

This is not an advert, it's high praise from one Geocacher to another!

Well done Lassitude. icon_biggrin.gif

Shares in Tupperware? Be a Geocacher!

I have to say the screensaver is ***** Marvelous.

Very professional, and about to be loaded onto all my PCs at home and work.

Its the kind of thing which will be an interest to non cachers and a joy to cachers during those times when ( for whatever reason) thay are inable to get out and cache!

My only plea, can we have a few more up north caches on the Hidden Treasures 2003 CD.

If you haven't got one then make a beeline for any cache with one in it.

This is not an advert, it's high praise from one Geocacher to another!

Well done Lassitude. icon_biggrin.gif

Shares in Tupperware? Be a Geocacher!

Glad you all like it.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I agree that there are not many photos of caches in the North which is a shame as some of the best scenery in the country it up there. If there are any potential contributors who have photos of Caches in Wales, The Northern counties of England and Scotland I would really appreciate photos. I really want to travel North to do some caches but unfortunately I have little time at present as I am in the middle of a house move and looking for a job as my company has started laying people off.

As for putting it on GeocachingUK- No problems with me if Mark has approximately 50Mb free and you guys have Broadband. If you have broadband and want to download a copy then let me know and if Mark can't do it I will get some webspace.

If you want to redistribute the Screensaver then all I ask is that you make sure you copy the whole CD contents, check it for viruses and include the paperwork as well.

I currently have 15 photos for the Hidden Treasures 2. I want at least 50 before I release it. The photos can be of anything that can be attributed to finding a particular cache. Views are great but I havent got many Urban cache pictures yet..

I have placed some CD-ROMS at caches in South Dorset and a few in Berkshire.

Thanks

Chris

Glad you all like it.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I agree that there are not many photos of caches in the North which is a shame as some of the best scenery in the country it up there. If there are any potential contributors who have photos of Caches in Wales, The Northern counties of England and Scotland I would really appreciate photos. I really want to travel North to do some caches but unfortunately I have little time at present as I am in the middle of a house move and looking for a job as my company has started laying people off.

As for putting it on GeocachingUK- No problems with me if Mark has approximately 50Mb free and you guys have Broadband. If you have broadband and want to download a copy then let me know and if Mark can't do it I will get some webspace.

If you want to redistribute the Screensaver then all I ask is that you make sure you copy the whole CD contents, check it for viruses and include the paperwork as well.

I currently have 15 photos for the Hidden Treasures 2. I want at least 50 before I release it. The photos can be of anything that can be attributed to finding a particular cache. Views are great but I havent got many Urban cache pictures yet..

I have placed some CD-ROMS at caches in South Dorset and a few in Berkshire.

Thanks

Chris

I have got 38 photos to add at present. Not too far off being ready to build it. I have a few choices here.

1: I can add the new photos to my first screensaver and re-produce it. If I do this it will probably grow to about 100Mb.

2: I can produce a second screensaver with just the new photos

Let me know what you would prefer.

Thanks to everybody who has/is contributing photos. I hope that everybody has access to the screensaver now(It being at Geocacheuk.com). If you don't, send me some photos and I will post one to you. Remember, photos should be titles 'GCxxxx The cache Name.jpg'.I would also prefer shots without Cachers in the photos.

Thanks

Chris

Don't know if you still want pictures, but have sent 4 of my favourites.

GC5C84 Bridging The Gap x2 (Brocket Hall, Herts.)

I know you already have some of the bridge but these were taken from the top of the bridge looking out along the river Lea to Brocket Hall

GC87B9 A Clappers Caper x2 (Sharpenhoe Clappers, Bedfordshire)

You definitely won't have these as I have just placed the first caches at this location.

65071_500.jpg

We just sent off 4 films for processing (as well as putting onto CD), so when they come back, I'll see what we have.

They are mainly pics from our holiday / caching whilst on holiday over in the Netherlands... don't know if any of those will be of interest (one of the caches on an event's night-cache was over water: Michael went over on the "bosun's chair" thing they had set up, for our team.... should be pics of that too!!).

There's also (I hope) a pic of the SS Arcadia coming along the "Nordsee Kanal" on its way out of Amsterdam.... I was on the OLD SS Arcadia back in 1966 when we came back from Australia! The pic was taken from a man-made "hill" (highest place for miles around!) where we were collecting a caching clue for the "Rock 'n' Roll" cache. Adjacent to the cache is an INDOOR ski-slope!!!! Never seen one of those before!

Paul

Paul

Team Blitz

Ok, we've found it, now where did we put the car?

i have already sent you some photos from my ireland caches (clare island, Co. Mayo)

i am sending over some more from my trip to the henges on saturday...

i will send more as and when i get to the caches...

if you have any caches in the winchester (hampshire) area needing photographing, just say, as i am game for a bit of winter geocaching...

nearly 1 year as a geocacher icon_wink.gif

hope the pics are high enough resolution. i wont compress any of them, as i also hav adsl... icon_biggrin.gif

bloke1987