500 and out........

Slytherin

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz in an different thread:

Hey, well done! Now, go get a PROPER life :-)

Well you do have a point there.

When we were in California last week we decided that it's time to give geocaching a bit of a rest. Driving 200 miles every weekend in pursuit of plastic boxes has begun to wear a little thin.

One of the main things that we like about geocaching is that it has taken us to so many places that we either never knew were there or never thought to visit. Many of them warranted a closer look but time never permitted. We have flown quickly in and out of so many interesting places, and the time seems right to start to re-visit some of them at leisure as well as to discover all the great places locally that don’t have plastic boxes to lure us there.

We have had a target of 500 for quite a while and that is well enough for now. We brought quite a few travel bugs back from the States, so a period of hiding instead of seeking seems like a good idea. Hopefully the Great Yorkshire Cache Desert is about to gain a bigger oasis.

We will still be around to pick off the local caches, but as for the first to 1000, somehow I don’t think we are in that race.

Cheers

Alex & Kim.

500 is a stagering total - well done. Obviously this proposed slow down would have nothing to do with Alex now having a proper job now would it? icon_wink.gif

Wasn't it around this time last year that we were all watching with bated breath to see who would get to 100 first - a race between yourselves and the Wombles if I remember correctly. Seems so long ago now....

I have great sympathy with your proposed slow down - we did 14 caches in ine day once and hardly remembered them at all. Now we seem to be switching to caches that take a long memerable day to complete. Already the increase in cache density means it is posible to build 2 or 3 caches into a days walk - which we think can only be a good thing.

Anyway enough rambling about rambling - well done both.

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

Wasn't it around this time last year that we were all watching with bated breath to see who would get to 100 first - a race between yourselves and the Wombles if I remember correctly. Seems so long ago now....

Alex, If you're going to hold off until we hit 500 then you've got a long wait on your hands. icon_wink.gif

Seriously, we discussed this some time back and we weren't surprised about your announcement. Hope you continue to enjoy your "low key" caching as much as before. Look forward to seeing you down in the "Great Western Cache Desert"

Dave

Hi guys,

Just back from Menorca...which was quite cold most of the week and incredibly wet on Thursday, and catching up, or should that be caching up (or even cashing up).

Many congrats and proud to have been just a little bit of it........

.......asap will make one or two changes to cache pages.

Dave and Isobel

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

You're showing as all up ;-)

But seriously I was a little obsessive about the hobby last year. I could not cope with more than a few days without doing a cache. During the winter months I have given it a bit of a rest. In fact this weekend I have done 6, more than I have done for a long time. The problem with racing around every spare minute you have doing caches is that you loose touch with why you are doing it in the first place (Not to mention loosing touch with your family and friends!).

I have also come to terms with the fact that caches are going to appear faster than I can do them(Unless I win the lottery and never have to work again icon_wink.gif ).

In Summary there are two approaches to this hobby. One is similar to an Alcoholics approach to drinking the other is like a wine connoisseurs approach to drinking. I like to savour the hobby rather than drown in it.

Of course I could be talking a lot of twaddle!!

Thanks

Chris

I don't know how many caches you have put out but why not do a real hum-dinger of a cache in Yorkshire. Spend some time planning it and bask in the praise everybody gives you for such a good cache!!

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]