Health Warning

It seems to me that Geocaching is getting to be a very dangerous hobby.

- Sweeties in caches are dangerous to man, child and beast

- danger of catching weils disease from drinks containers

- grave danger of suffocation of children and other small beasts from plastic bags

- exploding caches (see an american thread)

- yo-yo balls that can kill children (where can I get some?)

- the latest danger to elderly cachers (and children again) from deadly pencils

Perhaps we should put a health warning on the side of cache boxes similar to those you now get on jars of peanut butter - "Warning, may contain nuts" Or perhaps "Danger - only to be opened by nuts", or perhaps "You must be nuts to walk miles to find this box" or.................over to you. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Is it me???????

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

Well I went out caching all afternoon in this atrocious weather icon_eek.gif, got really wet and cold, now have pneumonia! Can I sue the cache owners for the distress caused to my Mother who thinks I have the Sars virus??? icon_wink.gif

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???

quote:
Originally posted by The Hornet:

It seems to me that Geocaching is getting to be a very dangerous hobby.

<snip>

- the latest danger to elderly cachers (and children again) from deadly pencils

<snip>

icon_wink.gif May I suggest that if you really must put a pencil in a cache ensure it is of the soft variety - e.g. an HB (or blunt so no one can write with it or endanger themselves). It might also be prudent to not include pencil sharpeners as if dismantled there may be a danger of injury from the blade. Please also ensure the pencil and any paint used on a cache container has no lead content - we don't want cachers or geomuggles getting lead poisoning do we !!! icon_biggrin.gif

motley. adj. varied in appearance or character.

crew. n. group of people.

Hi All icon_rolleyes.gif

Just a thought, but maybe we should carry Geocaching insurance when we go on the hunt just incase of a natural or unnatural disaaster. Maybe a tree will fall on us or a cache may have a guard badger that attacks anyone that comes near the treasure, or maybe even an abduction by alien Geocachers, ( I wonder what kind of GPS'r they use, maybe we should have a poll for that). I have heard that you can get a cheap Cosmo Planet Finder on the Mars ebay site but i cant seem to get that web site to come up on NTL broadband

Cheers

Bounty Hunter1 icon_wink.gif

Strangers are only friends you have not met yet

quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter1:

<snip>

Maybe a tree will fall on us or a cache may have a guard badger that attacks anyone that comes near the treasure

<snip>

I'm dreading the day we come across one of those vicious rabbits, with the great big teeth, as seen in The Holy Grail! icon_eek.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motley Crew:

I'm dreading the day we come across one of those vicious rabbits, with the great big teeth, as seen in The Holy Grail! icon_eek.gif

Hang on: didn't that film include a certain Tim the Enchanter?! Makes ya fink, dunnit? icon_biggrin.gif

Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis.

A search of the internet has revealed a solution to any cacher coming across one of these killer rabbit's with a 'vicious streak a mile wide'. It's known as 'The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch' and is used as follows:

Consult the Book of Armaments chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.

“And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying,

'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--

And the Lord spake, saying,

'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.

Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Amen.

Hope this helps any cachers who may come across this fearsome creature. It's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever likely to set your eyes on.

icon_eek.gif Warning! If you should come across one do not taunt it in the mistaken believe that it may become so cross that it will make a mistake - it won't happen!

Further update on Health Warnings!

Is this the shape of things to come? icon_frown.gif

Has the Gov't caught up with us? icon_frown.gif

I bought some fags today and this is what I discovered! icon_rolleyes.gif

geofagpacket.bmp

Where will it all end? Will we be taxed on each 'Cache Found'?

[This message was edited by Motley Crew on May 03, 2003 at 05:22 PM.]