what are your thoughts on micro caches

Deego

Hi

What's peoples thoughts on micro caches? Have been today and done Bosley locks GCGXFP. It is a 35mm film canister. It was fun to find because it was small, and when a boat came past it was easy to hide away. But do people steer away from micro caches because of the lack of things in them i.e no swaps. I normally TNLN anyway so it makes no odds to me. I am thinking of hiding my own and was thinking micro or would I be better placing a full size cache.

Deego

------------------------------------------------------------

I am not lost, I am geographically embarrassed

www.briandeegan.co.uk

I personally have never hidden a micro, but have found several on my travels.

I have found the hunt more pleasurable than the find, so to find a micro takes looking closer.

The ones I have found wouldn't have suited a large ammo box or the like, so some places can only accomadate a micro.

For me micro's are as important as any other cache. My suggestion, go ahead and hide.

Onwards and upwards. Never retreat, never surrender.

Hidden many, found many more. We like them not just for being physical instead of virtual, but because they can be more difficult to find than traditional sizes.

In fact the most visited cache in the UK (St Etheldreda's) is a micro, and visited much more than the virtual (16th Century pub) just round the corner. Our caches in Bath also show our micro caches being more visited than our virtual or a traditional-sized physical.

Dave

Founder member of GAGB

As a primarily urban cacher, I find micros useful. Quite simply, there are places in town where you can hide a film canister or a swimming splashbox that you simply can't put a Tupperware box or an ammo can. And the fact that they're difficult to find means non-cachers are less likely to stumble on them! I can't really see the point in the more wild areas, where there's always somewhere to hide a larger box. (But again, it depends on the area.)

But as to trades, there are things you can put in a micro. Coins, of course, are a classic. And with the introduction of the Euro, there are more "cachable" coins, between the legacy currencies and all the national variations on the new coins. As a girlie, I'm also prone to hiding stud earrings (though with the fad for body piercing that's not a girlie thing anymore icon_wink.gif) and other small items of jewelry.

quote:
We like them not just for being physical instead of virtual

For the record, I love virtuals as well. Again, there are places in the cities where your choices are so constrained that virts have a place.

Unlike the posters in some other areas of the forums, I appreciate the wide variety of cache types. I always cringe when I hear people condemn any type, from virt to micro, because different places require different soluctions.

evilrooster

http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

'Size does not matter', hopefully icon_cool.gif

Although I really enjoy the swap/trade at caches, that would not put me off doing a 'micro'. I am sometimes a little reluctant to do a 'multi' as they can require more than one brain cell and take several hours to complete. But saying that I WILL get around to doing them.

Bob....

http://www.bobh.co.uk

'Life, it's a game with one serious bit - geocaching!'

We prefer traditionals. We enjoy cracking open the lunchbox and looking through the contents, it just seems to be part of the experience.

We have and will do micros though (and if NB have just hidden one we might be doing another very soon icon_smile.gif ). Nothing against them at all, just prefer traditionals.

Not a huge fan of virtuals. Can't really see us doing one unless we were heading there anyway. But to each their own.

What is caches precious?

We prefer the traditional caches. However, with that said, we absolutely loved the "Day Rover" themed caches around the railway stations in Yorkshire, and what an excellent way to get from cache to cache!!! And so cheap!! We were VERY impressed - are there anymore similar ones in the UK?

BK + SB From the heart of Sherwood Forest