G:UK - Good or Bad

quote:
We may well be able to say what we like, and when, but that doesn't mean we should. Just as in the real world. Just because you could start a thread that casts doubt on G:UK with no evidence to support it, or accuse MCL of having "tantrums" it doesn't mean that you should have done.

I think you did miss my point and I still think that G:uk (rightly or wrongly) have other agenda's. This is just a gut feeling based on what I have seen on this forum - now that may be completely unjustified but the result of my poll shows that I am not completeley alone in this view. As for accussing MCL of having "tantrums" being insulting well maybe but I had received far worse from the "regular" posters on this forum prior to this. Belittling people and bullying them because you can shout the loudest is probably why out of all the Geocachers so few do post here ... I have been geocaching for a while now and have observed this forum over that time - so I think I am in a position to air my views if I wish on a public forum of which I am a member. It is up to moderators to judge whether a post/thread is "out of order", if you look back over this thread ask yourself this - how many posts are constructive? As I said before I think and still do that it was a valid question that I asked - maybe not a nice "safe" post like "Rechargeable Batteries" and "Well don that man on reaching 100" but a valid post all the same.

I'm sorry if you don't want to be questioned and if you think that if you shout and slur me you can shut me up and drive me away (like others before) but as I said if you want a closed shop start a private forum.

quote:

I'm sorry if you don't want to be questioned and if you think that if you shout and slur me you can shut me up and drive me away (like others before) but as I said if you want a closed shop start a private forum.

Quite the opposite - I am always pleased to discuss the positive and negative implications of anything. It is always a beneficial process to go through.

So please, lets discuss the facts, rather than conjecture. What do you base your unease of G:UK upon, other than your gut feeling?

At this point I should also note that I don't use G:UK, and haven't for a month or so, so please feel free to assume that I know nothing of the site at all and describe it fully.

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

soapbox.gif

quote:
At this point I should also note that I don't use G:UK, and haven't for a month or so, so please feel free to assume that I know nothing of the site at all and describe it fully.

In how many words - sounds a bit like an essay question? icon_biggrin.gif

I told you I only have a gut feeling about G:UK based on the way Trigpointing was set up and the fact that I have noted that it has been reiterated a few times "how much time and money have been put in" in a philanthropic manner - always suspicous when people tell you how much money they have spent for nothing in return (theres no such thing as a free lunch etc etc). Also I think it is obvious that there is a growing interest in Geocaching in the UK (probably the largest outside of the US) and therefore has some scope for commercial exploitation - not that I have anything against this if it is all open and above board. Again as I said I only have a gut feeling and it was not a discussion as such but a straw poll to see if anyone else felt the same.

But this is all changing the subject a bit - you seem to only now want to discuss what the thread and post started - as I said earlier this is a bit irrelevant now (50 odd posts later). I suspect and apologise if I am wrong that you are trying to be a bit clever with me icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Gunther:

But this is all changing the subject a bit - you seem to only now want to discuss what the thread and post started - as I said earlier this is a bit irrelevant now (50 odd posts later). I suspect and apologise if I am wrong that you are trying to be a bit clever with me icon_wink.gif

No, it was more in response to my own realisation that after I had written a long treatise about spouting off and not producing the facts, no one had asked if you had any.

I therefore deleted my treatise, and asked the obvious question. The last ten lines that you have written have produced a far beter insight into your position than the previous entirety of this thread.

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

soapbox.gif

Sorry Gunther but you make me shudder...

As has been mentioned earlier by MCL I think you have to meet and know us on a personal basis to come to any form of conclusion for your thoughts. Teasel and Cat are good people who are passionate about the game of geocaching- its not some sort of ploy to lure people into giving them money in any way attall! I think you have to be narrow minded if you really believe this to be the case.

quote:
But this is all changing the subject a bit - you seem to only now want to discuss what the thread and post started - as I said earlier this is a bit irrelevant now (50 odd posts later). I suspect and apologise if I am wrong that you are trying to be a bit clever with me

Woooooey scraping the barrell a bit there for come backs aren't you?? of course it relevant why else did you start the topic in the first place???

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!mikejackson1-vi.gif

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Pid:

Since I saw your postings !!!

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!http://images2.fotki.com/v22/photos/5/55364/231450/mikejackson1-vi.gif

http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

mmmm well I glad I havent affected the quality of the postings you made before... get well soon

difference between me and you Gunther - I speak English. All be it in Pid dialect I speak English and not in the mother tongue of Outer Mongolia icon_smile.gif anyway.....

Ohh Mooooossssssy??? where art thou oh Mossy.... lock this thread Gunther is starting to shake up icon_biggrin.gif

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:

difference between me and you Gunther - I speak English. All be it in Pid dialect I speak English and not in the mother tongue of Outer Mongolia icon_smile.gif anyway.....

Ohh Mooooossssssy??? where art thou oh Mossy.... lock this thread Gunther is starting to shake up icon_biggrin.gif

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!http://images2.fotki.com/v22/photos/5/55364/231450/mikejackson1-vi.gif

Are you looking for a fight Pid?

quote:

Have you read the new book called

"How to wind up a lepper" by Pid ??

Leprosy is NOT something to be laughed at... in third world countries this is a serious and and unpleasant disease , you on the other hand I can laugh at no end icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sorry I was just thinking you were an ape who wanted a fight, I was obviously wrong as now you are laughing...

Thanks for laughing at me though, I feel privileged to hear your laughter to such an extent I think I'll go and take a nap now.

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:

Sorry I was just thinking you were an ape who wanted a fight, I was obviously wrong as now you are laughing...

Thanks for laughing at me though, I feel privileged to hear your laughter to such an extent I think I'll go and take a nap now.

http://www.buckscaching.co.uk<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - next