GPS Warehouse loses the edge

I have always sung the praises of the GPS Warehouse as their prices were always well under that of its competitors but they seem to have lost the plot just recently and maplins are now the cheapest to get vistas from...

Also I'm a little confused as to how the price of old technology can keep rising i.e. vista... this must be the only market in which it happens. When I got mine they were £289 and that was 12 months ago, now they are 316 from the same company???

Just a rant cause I confidently recommended them to a freind who then came back and said they were more expensive than Maplins... oh the shame of it all icon_biggrin.gif

Saved about 25 quid on the eMap/data cable/16 Mb Memory card/Metroguide Europe bundle from the site in the title (Compared with GPS Warehouse). I will say that prices do vary. GPS warehouse have Garmin compatible products which are cheaper (Data cables, Car mounts etc).

My Gripe is with Garmins Memory card prices. I thought Sony were ripping me off with Memory Stick pricing until I tried to buy a 128MB Garmin Card. Would you believe they want two thirds the price of the eMAap for a poxy 128MB memory card. That is highway robbery. I have complained to Garmin. I would suggest if you are unhappy with pricing you complain as well, as if enough of us do this it may make a difference. Remember that all suppliers of GPS equipment cut the margins fine (I would be surprised they make 10% on a sale).

Chris Franklin

The outfit offering the cheapest price might be the slowest to deliver (etc).

Still - I've just got back from Frankfurt and the prices they want there for GPSr is laughable.

The plain yellow eTrex was €249 in Frankfurt airport which looks to me to be about £160, and the other models were proportionately higher priced. I thought at first that there was some special German-market packaging, but it's the same rig you'd get here for your £100-120