Oh No! Not the bears again ...

Tim & June

Right, We have now been told that Hornet is down to his last couple of cache boxes, it's time to tell all.

When we picked up our boxes from Hornet's home (should that be "the Hornet's Nest"), he was away. An evil plan evolved in our mind's. So, its a case of digging our way into the middle of this mountain of ammo boxes, choose one at random, and put a T & J bear in it. icon_biggrin.gif Then pile em all back up. Now was that evil, or what ?

The question has to be asked, have you all checked your ammo boxes yet ? icon_biggrin.gif

The time is drawing close for us to start thinking about the Mk3 bears. June thinks she has found the perfect item to use as a signature item, but it's not a bear ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Getting delivery of these new signature items could be somewhat time consuming and will slow down our caching, but I know I'm gonna enjoy it. icon_biggrin.gif They're called 'Xaviers' click here for a photo. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and by the way, Silver Stallone has still not been placed. Every time we think we have the perfect opportunity, something goes wrong. icon_mad.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

Oh, and by the way, Silver Stallone has still not been placed. Every time we think we have the perfect opportunity, something goes wrong. icon_mad.gif

Are you going to further elucidate once Silver has been succesfully placed and found? It sounds like there is a tale or two to tell here. icon_smile.gif

I would love to know who ended up with the ammo-box heap bear. Tim and June emailed me describing their evil deed after I had picked up my ammo cans from Hornets house, also while he was away. When I got the email I rushed out into my back garden and opened my cans in the pouring rain. No joy icon_frown.gif I have been biting my tongue ever since, eager to ask who hit the jackpot.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

Maybe it was me! I do not know until I open them all! I know I have now a 3 in one chance of hitting the jack pot because I still have 3 I havent yet opened icon_smile.gif

As regards to Silver Stallone...if I get it I am going to auction it on Ebay for £100, LoL. I bet one of you would but it too!

icon_biggrin.gif

Pid

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

I've just looked out of my window into the back garden and I have 30 boxes left (out of a total of 240!).

From T&J's description the centre of the pile was probably disposed of yesterday. I knew of their plan and I have to admit giving a few of the boxes a shake as I loaded them on Saturday morning. I didn't notice anything in them but there again a bear is a soft little blighter!

I'd be fascinated to know who got it. BTW I resisted the temptation to open them all up myself icon_wink.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

Getting delivery of these new signature items could be somewhat time consuming and will slow down our caching, but I know I'm gonna enjoy it. icon_biggrin.gif They're called 'Xaviers' click http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/7100_200.jpg for a photo. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

That's a good idea, a June shaped baby holder.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

This is starting to look good... I have 10 boxes tucked away in my lock-up that have yet to be opened. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Come on - you can't keep us in suspense. When are you going to check them? icon_wink.gif

Rich

_mobilis in mobili_

Checked out my ammo cans this lunchtime

Oh dear... that was so, so disappointing icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

John

Wild Tupperware Hunter

I've been waiting to see what happens and to see if someone comes up with the wee beastie. However it still hadn't been found this morning so I've just been out into the back garden and have given all 30 boxes there a good shaking.

You'll be pleased to know that there was nothing in any of them. icon_razz.gif

It's out there somewhere so keep checking. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

This is probable just a coincidence, but on the other hand if you look at the very top of this tread...

icon_wink.gif

You might ask questions. icon_eek.gif

Only Hornet can know, as he helped me load the boxes from his van. icon_cool.gif

T&J bear 82/120 was found at 12:30pm on Thursday 23rd January in an ammo-box in the back of our car... So you can all stop looking.

I’m sure the car was locked the rest off the time, so I don’t ‘Think’ he could have been planted, But who knows how devious a Geocacher might be? icon_redface.gif

Do you know more? icon_confused.gif

Tech-no notice

We were really begining to get a little worried that something had gone terribly wrong. "Could somebody have nipped into the Hornets back garden and nicked a few boxes" for example.

I have to say that there was no collusion or cheating in this, the fact that "Team Nia" ended up with the bear is a strange coincidence.

On the downside of the bears, We found a log on one of 'The Hornets' caches (Pulpit Sermon) which says that the cache was discovered by vandals who beheaded the bear that was in there. icon_mad.gif

Poor little b*gg*r, what did he do to ofend them ? Perhaps as it was the 'Pulpit Sermon' he was a ritual sacrifice to some strange religious sect.

We will email the finders and offer to post them a replacement. icon_smile.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif