Forum question: Marking topic as read.

ThePuddles

Has anyone in the forum had a problem with topics and there 'read/unread' markings.

I've noticed that when I come back to the forums the same old topics are marked as 'New posts since your last visit' and 9 times out of ten the topics are exactly as I left them.

Normally, it wouldn't be a problem - but its getting to the stage where nearly every topic has 'New posts since your last visit' and I can't seem to clear them when I read the posts!

Help? Anyone? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

-------------

"I'm really looking forward to finding some geo-cash. Where can I spend it?" - My wife. Bless.

Topics have yellow icons if they have changed since the last time you logged in. This means that if you read a topic, its folder stays yellow until the next time you log in.

The way it tells when you logged in last is by the cookie in your browser I think, so if you clear out the cookies or use a different machine, more or less everything will go yellow. Also, if you use the site regularly such that your log-in session never expires everything will gradually go yellow.

I get around this by always going through the login page each time I visit the forums.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

Jeremyp wrote:

quote:
Done some experimentation. I don't know if the behaviour has changed, but things do seem a bit more broken now. Currently showing everything unread since 8pm in spite of logging off and closing the browser several times.

Yes, I've just tried that and I'm getting much the same - everything unread since 9.32 our time (1.32 site time).

Lunch must be in one of those boxes...