Quiet weekend?

You could tell it was going to be quiet out there. When I checked the forums at about 10:00 this morning there were quite a few entries. Normally Sundays don't have many new posts until people get back in the evening.

I did my bit though and went and bagged a couple before work.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Perhaps everybody was getting as excited as I was watching the FA Cup quarter finals. Well maybe not everybody - but I know one person who was dancing around the room with joy at around 3:30pm icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Not only that but I was up at 7am to go out and grab me two new Dan & Pid caches. I didn't know that early on a Sunday morning existed. icon_wink.gif

Bit of a sore head this morning icon_frown.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

Yes, I noticed it was quiet too. This was the first weekend nobody visited my cache and neither did they visit any on watch list.

The weather wasn't that bad on Sunday, we went out and found one and hid one and had an excellent pub lunch.

Goecache.com was down for a few hours on Sunday so is it possible some people have delayed logging finds?

Injury forced us to abandon our existing plans, which would (by the looks of it) have lead to us bumping in to SimonG and Nimrag all doing the same cache - at the same time.

Sunday was such nice weather hear that We took the opportunity to find one of our own caches - but noone else found any of ours over the weekend.

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

Very Quiet, infact so quiet that i didnt go out!

Which cache in the UK holds the record for the longest time undiscovered???? Now that would be one quiet cache!!!!!

Well, the oldest virgin cache is this one, which has gone over two years without being found! (Though it does look like a candidate for archival). this cache is notable on the grounds that nobody's even attempted it in 18 months!

From the logs so far, there were 208 finds this weekend, compared with 312 the week before. So it looks like it was a bit quiet.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

Is it just me, or has it been a really quiet weekend for geocaching

Well, I tried to push up the figures a bit... I managed to find 5 out of 6 in the Basingstoke area on Sarturday afternoon.

Paul

Team Blitz

Noone in their right mind would place a cache THERE....

No caches logged this weekend.... but a maintenance check on our local cache and many hours spent checking out possible locations and clues for a new Norfolk Cache.

After the comments about Forest Enterprise and Cache contents I'm think this may have been a waste of time.

EAP