GeoTrashing

Guest Robin Lovelock

I second the above motion....no caches should be removed without the owner's consent - and the website being updated. I'm a newbie, but it would seem to me that placing caches is a matter of first there gets the location. My 2 year old & I are looking forward to searching for some of the caches near us (we live in Teddington, Middlesex) - especially if there are stuffed toys in any of them. He absolutely adored a stuffed dragon we found in out first cache and now asks to look for "treasure".

Mark

I second the above motion....no caches should be removed without the owner's consent - and the website being updated. I'm a newbie, but it would seem to me that placing caches is a matter of first there gets the location. My 2 year old & I are looking forward to searching for some of the caches near us (we live in Teddington, Middlesex) - especially if there are stuffed toys in any of them. He absolutely adored a stuffed dragon we found in out first cache and now often asks to look for "treasure".

On a practical basis, it would be easier to find them on the England map on this website if they were a bit more spread out.

A request please? Can this entire thread be left to die now - it's beginning to sour a really fun and harmless sport? I think Mr Lovelock has got the message to tone down the advertising. Please give him the benefit of the doubt - I also have a website (but no business) that I regularly refer people to for news and photos of my family's exploits and my enthusiasm for scuba diving etc.

Thanks!

Mark

[This message was edited by mdshamilton on March 08, 2002 at 05:42 AM.]

You can only third the motion actually - it's already been seconded. I fourth it.

I think the purpose of this thread has been achieved too. It's pretty obvious that nobody thinks that caches should be removed except in certain exceptional circumstances.

quote:
Originally posted by mdshamilton:

I second the above motion....no caches should be removed without the owner's consent - and the website being updated. I'm a newbie, but it would seem to me that placing caches is a matter of first there gets the location. My 2 year old & I are looking forward to searching for some of the caches near us (we live in Teddington, Middlesex) - especially if there are stuffed toys in any of them. He absolutely adored a stuffed dragon we found in out first cache and now often asks to look for "treasure".

On a practical basis, it would be easier to find them on the England map on this website if they were a bit more spread out.

A request please? Can this entire thread be left to die now - it's beginning to sour a really fun and harmless sport? I think Mr Lovelock has got the message to tone down the advertising. Please give him the benefit of the doubt - I also have a website (but no business) that I regularly refer people to for news and photos of my family's exploits and my enthusiasm for scuba diving etc.

Thanks!

Mark

[This message was edited by mdshamilton on March 08, 2002 at 05:42 AM.]

-------

We're going to need a bigger boat!