Psst! Wanna buy an ammo box?

The Hornet

No this isn't a new commercial venture for Hornet Enterprises Inc. icon_wink.gif

I was looking for a source of cheap ammo boxes and I came across this site http://www.mgs.ltd.uk/ammo.htm . I have absolutely no connection with them (moderators please note).

I thought the H83 looked suitable and the price is very reasonable. The only fly in the ointment is a minimum order quantity of 120. Much as I like placing caches I don't think I can manage 120! So the question is - would anyone else be interested in some? If there's sufficient interest in putting a bulk order together I'd be prepared to go there in the van and bring them back home. You could then pick them up from me either here in Watford or I might even consider meeting you somewhere else when I'm out caching.

What do you think?

If you are interested let me know with some idea of how many you would like. I suggest you e-mail me (posting here as well if you want to) as I shall be going on holiday shortly and probably won't be able to access this site after Thursday 7th Nov. I'll contact you on my return.

I'm not looking to make a profit, just enough to cover the cost of the diesel.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

The good news is that I've been able to get hold of enought for everyone. icon_biggrin.gifnI went up to the supplier today and came back with the van loaded with 2 pallet loads of boxes - 120 in green and 120 in brown. I reckon 240 should keep us going for a while!! And no, I wasn't stopped by the police.

By the time you add the VAT and the diesel etc. I reckon that on them going for £2 each, how does that sound to everyone?

Bear in mind that after tomorrow (Thursday) I shall be away on holiday although my son Jon will be around. I can't guarantee he'll be available so if you want to come round e-mail him first on jonhoward42@hotmail.com

I'll send out an e-mail to everyone who has ordered with my address/co-ordinates. When I get back on 25th we can organise drops around the country for those who can't get to sunny Watford.

As an afterthought, as all these ammo boxes will become active caches can I log 240 finds now? icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hornet:

As an afterthought, as all these ammo boxes will become active caches can I log 240 finds now? icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Only if you put a log book in each one, and write an entry in them all icon_wink.gif. Watch out for writer's cramp though.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in Space:

Go on, put me down for 10. Can you deliver them out here to California?

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Oh yes, I try to get on a plane with Ammo boxes icon_redface.gif. Then when I get out of Guantanamo Bay Internment camp I'll deliver the rest icon_wink.gif You'll have to make do with a delivery to Stevenage.

I have arranged to call to The Hornets on Saturday this week to pick up my ammo boxes.

I live in S.Wales so if anyone finds it easier to pick them up from me, or I could meet you at any of the services on the M4 on my way home I would be happy to pick up your allocation for you.

Please reply here or drop me a mail before Fri evening if this is any help to anyone.

Dave

Much as I admire Mr. Hornet's stalwart effort, has anyone really considered what will happen when 240 steel ammo boxes are suddenly dumped onto the geocaching scene. An ammo box, suitably loaded with goodies, is not exactly a lightweight item. Think about it, guys... is it really fair to ask your wife / girlfriend / significant other to carry 20 pounds of new cache (as well as all the other stuff they have to carry) any great distance out into the boonies while you're out in front operating the GPS ?

Will this mean that there will be 240 new caches located in public carparks up and down the county ?

And what's "Joe Public" going to think when they see an army of ammo box toting women striding purposely through the countryside. It could cause nationwide panic and possibly bring down the Government. We wouldn't want that... would we?

Sorry Mr. Hornet but it would be safer all round if we stick to Tupperware icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

"Normal" people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

I haven't arranged anything yet, but I'll be very close to the Hornet's place a week on Sunday, so hopefully I'll pick mine up then. If anyone would find it more convenient to collect theirs from Hainault (I'm thinking Chris n Maria), I'd be happy to pick them up (within reason - I've only got a little Vauxhall Corsa).

W ezlf fr Cnzfajnzb Omdg, mlx mnn w prf emq fjwq nrhqb abojzd.

quote:
Originally posted by The Pharisee:

Think about it, guys... is it really fair to ask your wife / girlfriend / significant other to carry 20 pounds of new cache (as well as all the other stuff they have to carry) any great distance out into the boonies while you're out in front operating the GPS ?

It has to be said if I was caching in some countries in this world, as a woman I would be quite happy to walk several yards behind my other half, that reason being ‘Land Mines’. As we don’t have to worry about such things, I suggest all you ladies out their do what I did and get him to buy you a GPS.

The reason why men won’t let us borrow their GPS’s and take the lead is because they are notoriously bad at interpreting signals from women and would never follow our directions to the cache.

Remember all you men who want to reply, a woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the beginning of a whole new argument.

June

Striking a blow for our female cachers.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

quote:
Originally posted by June:

Good just as long as you know your position

icon_biggrin.gif

June

I think you'll find that a mans position is:

Always in the wrong.

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Oh, I thought it was always on top...........of the argument that is icon_wink.gif

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

Teasel,

Get real. You could be in a rowboat fishing, on your own, two miles from land with not a soul in sight.

You utter a word or two, under your breath, and a head is bound to pop up from under the waves saying "I heard that", when are you going to put those shelves up instead of wasting you time out here ?", The lawn needs mowing and the house needs painting ....

Tim

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

Get real. You could be in a rowboat fishing, on your own, two miles from land with not a soul in sight.

You utter a word or two, under your breath, and a head is bound to pop up from under the waves saying "I heard that", when are you going to put those shelves up instead of wasting you time out here ?", The lawn needs mowing and the house needs painting ....

Give a man a fish and he'll feed his family for a day. Give a man the means to fish an' the lazy sod will spend all day on the lake sinking a cooler box full of Buds. (My wifes view... not mine icon_smile.gif )

===============================================

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Back on topic.....

To those who put in an order (and anyone else for that matter) I still have loads left. If you want to e-mail me we can arrange collection/delivery of as many as you want.

I don't think even I can hide all of them! icon_smile.gif

Eeep! I completely forgot about Hornet's stash of ammo boxes.

Erm, I might be down that way Thursday evening or or the weekend, so might pop in and collect. Is there anyone in the Cambridge area / East Anglia that wants me to pick some up for them?

Even if I'm just a collection point so people can come to Cambridge and get their ammo boxes rather than trudging alllll the way down to Watford...

--

**Mother is the name of God on the lips of all children**

I would like to buy some but unfortunatly am not going to be in Watford anytime soon, actually thinking about it I have to do my Crimbold shopping soon so I might go to Watford where Hornet can rendesvouz.

Or maybe just maybe he could set up stall on a market! icon_wink.gif ROLL UP ROLL UP get ya Ammo cans ere, 3 fur a Paaaaaand. icon_biggrin.gif

Thinking about that a fair few of your ere caches are quite near Bovingdon Hornet! icon_wink.gif

Pid

Ben Piddington http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

If you could arrange a courier to drop one off at my home I would love to have it!! I have plans for a super multi cache of "Good computer junk", (just ask LIS about my excess bits and pieces). If I had a cell phone you could ring me up on the golf course!!! Later. Putt.

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Weasel:

...3 fur a Paaaaaand..

HeHe Also the place of the annual Market where Hornet could flog his metal waste containers at 5 for a quid icon_wink.gif LoL icon_biggrin.gif

Cool, they're getting cheaper.

Hornet'll be paying us to take them away soon. icon_wink.gif

--

**Mother is the name of God on the lips of all children**