signature item

Guest Postie

Guest LazyLeopard

I've got a paw-print stamp which I use to mark my page in the log book (if I havn't left the stamp pad at home).

I guess I could make myself up some button badges, as I have access to a badge maker. Just a question of coming up with a design...

------------------

Purrs... LazyLeopard http://www.lazyleopard.org.uk

I've been using miniature bird houses as trail markers and, with a batch left over, I'm going to use them as signature items. They measure 1x1x2 in. so they don't take up too much cache space and at the rate I'm finding caches lately they should last quite a while!

I've been using pure silver US Half Dollars (discontinued in 1965). Some of them are almost 70 years old.

They're a token of my former homeland and, I think, something quite cool for both adults and children. I know I'd be happy to find one!

Only trouble is ... I've got a limited supply (about 25 left).

I do look forward to seeing in what other caches they might show up ... sort of like an unofficial travel bug network.

Let me know if you find any!

gscott_burgess@yahoo.co.uk

aka ....

the tapir

A chap who goes by the caching handle of "TheOrangeHeadedFourInchScrew" has a habit of leaving orange headed four inch screws in all the caches he visits! :0)

Tried to think of something similar for myself, but couldn't come up with anything quite so apt.

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

[This message was edited by Masher on March 23, 2002 at 01:10 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by JasonW:

I got myself a paper cutter - happens to be in the shape of a Batman™ logo, but everywhere I go gets one of those punched out of the logbook now icon_biggrin.gif

I know.......everytime I opened a log book on Sunday (14/04) I was the landing zone for a paper batman icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

I got myself a paper cutter - happens to be in the shape of a Batman™ logo, but everywhere I go gets one of those punched out of the logbook now icon_biggrin.gif

I know.......everytime I opened a log book on Sunday (14/04) I was the landing zone for a paper batman icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, well here we are just two caches away from our 100th and so we decided to celebrate the next 100 by buying 100 Teddy Bears (guess June is the boss here then).

As well as the usual swaps, these Teddys along with a 'calling card' will be our signature item and go into all the caches we visit (providing there is space of course) until they are all gone.

The first one will appear in our 100th cache along with a Silver Jubilee Crown.

We have decided not to say when, but we will say where our 100th will be. It seems fitting to do one of Dave & Nicky's caches because they have also done 100, (I know Kimrobin have but they are farther away). So keep an eye on the logs for Windmill Hill, Avebury (Wilts)

icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Tim & June on April 17, 2002 at 02:00 AM.]

Ok, well here we are just two caches away from our 100th and so we decided to celebrate the next 100 by buying 100 Teddy Bears (guess June is the boss here then).

As well as the usual swaps, these Teddys along with a 'calling card' will be our signature item and go into all the caches we visit (providing there is space of course) until they are all gone.

The first one will appear in our 100th cache along with a Silver Jubilee Crown.

We have decided not to say when, but we will say where our 100th will be. It seems fitting to do one of Dave & Nicky's caches because they have also done 100, (I know Kimrobin have but they are farther away). So keep an eye on the logs for Windmill Hill, Avebury (Wilts)

icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Tim & June on April 17, 2002 at 02:00 AM.]

Originally posted by Tim & June:

Oh no this is UNBEARABLE.

Is it really a BEAR NECESSITY.

Have you lost your BEARINGS.

icon_wink.gif

(Only kidding....)

What a BEARILLIANT idea.

icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you'll manage to deposit some norf of Watford GAP

Originally posted by Tim & June:

Oh no this is UNBEARABLE.

Is it really a BEAR NECESSITY.

Have you lost your BEARINGS.

icon_wink.gif

(Only kidding....)

What a BEARILLIANT idea.

icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you'll manage to deposit some norf of Watford GAP

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

Originally posted by Pid:

Hmmmmmmm Sunday is the Queens Birthday (21st)

Gosh - I thought the Queen was older than that. I suppose the weight of her duty has aged her prematurely. icon_smile.gif

Maybe it's in inverse cat years.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

quote:

Originally posted by Pid:

Hmmmmmmm Sunday is the Queens Birthday (21st)

Gosh - I thought the Queen was older than that. I suppose the weight of her duty has aged her prematurely. icon_smile.gif

Maybe it's in inverse cat years.

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

Tim & June need to strap a pocket PC, a GPS, a mobile phone and a solar panel to all of their bears before they plant them and have the GPS/Pocket PC combo upload the bears positions in real time via the mobile phone so we can get out there and find them icon_biggrin.gif

This is of course a joke, unless they really want to do it that is icon_razz.gif

6279_200.jpg

Tim & June need to strap a pocket PC, a GPS, a mobile phone and a solar panel to all of their bears before they plant them and have the GPS/Pocket PC combo upload the bears positions in real time via the mobile phone so we can get out there and find them icon_biggrin.gif

This is of course a joke, unless they really want to do it that is icon_razz.gif

6279_200.jpg

quote:

_This is of course a joke, unless they really want to do it that is_ icon_razz.gif

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/avatar/6279_200.jpg

And of course a jacket with Pockets in it - otherwise the Pocket PCs won't work bouncesblue1.gif

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:

_This is of course a joke, unless they really want to do it that is_ icon_razz.gif

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/avatar/6279_200.jpg

And of course a jacket with Pockets in it - otherwise the Pocket PCs won't work bouncesblue1.gif

Chris

quote:

(this post is partly to ask the question but mainly to bump up my number of postings so I can beat Chris n Maria to 100 icon_smile.gif

-----------

el10t

_mobilis in mobili_

Now that is just mindless competition...you wouldn't catch me getting involved in any such silliness (I think that makes it 99) laugh.gif

Chris

quote:

(this post is partly to ask the question but mainly to bump up my number of postings so I can beat Chris n Maria to 100 icon_smile.gif

-----------

el10t

_mobilis in mobili_

Now that is just mindless competition...you wouldn't catch me getting involved in any such silliness (I think that makes it 99) laugh.gif

Chris

quote:

-----------

el10t

_mobilis in mobili_

Personally I think it is very childish to play mines Bigger than Yours:

itschy.gif but then i never was very good at growing up!

Chris

quote:

-----------

el10t

_mobilis in mobili_

Personally I think it is very childish to play mines Bigger than Yours:

itschy.gif but then i never was very good at growing up!

Chris