Causey Arch country park

My cache at Causey Arch , was recently logged as waterlogged and I was going to replace it, but reading from this mornings local newspaper I have decided to archive it, A story in the paper states that someone is setting illegal Gin traps in the park, it's a very well visited area for families and I dont want anyone to suffer injury whilst looking for this cache, this is not the first time that snares and traps have been set in and around Causey Arch of late, So I'm sure that you will all agree with me that this cache should be archived.

So perhaps a word of warning to cachers that whilst looking for caches, poking around with a stick is safer than using your hand to feel under and around hidey holes. Just last month someone set a Fox snare and killed a vixen in one of my fields, I now regulary check the fields out. and have destroyed eight Rabbit snares .

Nige

Not very good news. It is worth all of us keeping our eyes open for stuff like this. If you had not read that bit of news and sombody had got hurt.....

Hows about hiding the cache somewhere in the park that would not require poking about in undergrowth and stating that fact in the cache clue?....Perhaps make it a micro and hide it in a tree or under a bridge (Somewhere where traps would be placed)?

quote:
Not quite as bad as a trap but recently found a small bag which I thought was the cache and when I squeezed it I found it was full of Doggy Doo.

- Why oh why do people do this? instead of just leaving the dog poo to decompose they seal it in a plastic bag and chuck it under a bush(Instead of disposing of it properly). Stupid.

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]