Off on a Eurpean tour soon- Need some advice...

On June 7th we depart from Newcastle to Bergen in Norway. I intend to visit some caches on the way up to Newcastle from Reading. I want caches that will not involve long walks as we will be short of time so I was wondering if any of you 'up north' could suggest some caches we could do on the way up that are close to the A1M which is the road we will follow most of the way.

As a footnote if any of you guys and gals up there want a bug to go to Norway / Sweden / Denmark / Germany / Austria I am sure we could arrange to visit a cache where you have placed the bug on the way up. We will set out at 9AM from Reading and will need to catch the ferry at 19:00. I recon 2 or perhaps 3 caches on the way up. If I get some good suggestions I will let you know which ones I will try for and you can place bugs and let me know.

There are about 3 or 4 caches in Bergen but not many more in Norway. Sweden is full of them. Denmark has a few, Germany has plenty. I alreadt have Pooh Bare who is going North when I drop him in Sweden.

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

OK..

These are all mine icon_biggrin.gif

Up the A1..

Head for Newcastle.. I have a cache at the Angel of the North.. (Angels View)

Then back track to Angels View View.. bout 3/4 of a mile.. not a straight forward cache..

Then on to Jarrow an Spirit of Jarrow.. ( dead easy icon_smile.gif )

This puts you bout 2 miles from Terminal for Ferry.. on tuther side of river icon_smile.gif

Word of warning.. don't hit tunnel between 7:30am an 9:30am.. or between 4:00 pm and 6:00pm total bottle neck..

If yer need any help ref ferry.. tunnel..(Cost a quid fer car) or owt.. give me a yell

Moss de Boss... Sort

OK..

These are all mine icon_biggrin.gif

Up the A1..

Head for Newcastle.. I have a cache at the Angel of the North.. (Angels View)

Then back track to Angels View View.. bout 3/4 of a mile.. not a straight forward cache..

Then on to Jarrow an Spirit of Jarrow.. ( dead easy icon_smile.gif )

This puts you bout 2 miles from Terminal for Ferry.. on tuther side of river icon_smile.gif

Word of warning.. don't hit tunnel between 7:30am an 9:30am.. or between 4:00 pm and 6:00pm total bottle neck..

If yer need any help ref ferry.. tunnel..(Cost a quid fer car) or owt.. give me a yell

Moss de Boss... Sort

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

I'd go along with that but extend the hours slightly based on probability of jam - 7.00am start more times than not, and 6.30pm finish equally regularly.

Got 16 1800mAh rechargeables and my charger is coming with me so I should be OK.

Thanks for the advice about the tunnel. Sounds like a nightmare.

I had looked at 'Angel of the North' Geocache to do. Quite like to take a look at the angel as it is supposed to be quite impressive.

Thanks for the help

Chris Franklin icon_cool.gif

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

Got 16 1800mAh rechargeables and my charger is coming with me so I should be OK.

Thanks for the advice about the tunnel. Sounds like a nightmare.

I had looked at 'Angel of the North' Geocache to do. Quite like to take a look at the angel as it is supposed to be quite impressive.

Thanks for the help

Chris Franklin icon_cool.gif

This one has to be an easy one from the A1.( I havn't done this myself yet) But read the logs first and check the time you might arrive, I wouldn't want you to be dissapointed!!

Herriot Country

Also you may want to detour through my home town to this virtual cache getting back on to the A1M from here is easy.

Cash

Enjoy your trip

icon_smile.gif

This one has to be an easy one from the A1.( I havn't done this myself yet) But read the logs first and check the time you might arrive, I wouldn't want you to be dissapointed!!

Herriot Country

Also you may want to detour through my home town to this virtual cache getting back on to the A1M from here is easy.

Cash

Enjoy your trip

icon_smile.gif