So if in life you don't succeed

then &*#% the world and smoke some weed

quote:
When roses are red

and ready for plucking

girls of sixteen

are ready for fu#%ing

I don’t know what other people think

but personally, I don’t think sigs like this are clever, smart or witty. I find them embarrassing and offensive.

Come on, guys. If you’re going to post on what is essentially an ‘adult forum’ the please behave like adults. Keep this sort of rubbish for your school playground.

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

Have to say I am with you on this one Pharisee, I am not aware of any guidelines for the content of the signatures but obviously the audience which can access the topices should be considered after all it is a family sport.

Don't really think it's necessary to have any sort of Official intervention just a little more thought about the content of them and how the majority will view them.

Somedays you are a pigeon and others you are a statue !

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

I don’t know what other people think

but personally, I don’t think sigs like this are clever, smart or witty. I find them embarrassing and offensive.

Come on, guys. If you’re going to post on what is essentially an ‘adult forum’ the please behave like adults. Keep this sort of rubbish for your school playground.

I agree 100% with you John. It was suggested to Mike Blitz a couple of weeks ago that his sig line was not appropriate to these forums.

He chose to ignore that friendly advice. I thought I would highlight the issue by coming up with one equally inappropriate.

I apologise for the content of the sig. line that I used, but at least it has brought the issue into discussion.

Jamie.

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

Agreed all round.

Michael's sig is to say the least, very close to the mark.

However, Waspman's sig was beyond the bounds of decency, so we have edited it out.

In view of the posts above, perhaps Michael will take the hint and clean his up.

So you delete mine, but leave his??? How come?

"Perhaps" he will clean his act up. Looks like the forum moderators don't really see a problem with a 14 year old having a dope head sig.

Jamie.

As we said his was very close to the mark, yours was beyond the bounds of decency.

Also perhaps Michael will take the hint.

Michael, we have now recieved a number of complaints about your sig. line and it does not show us in a very good light to any to any of the powers that be that might be looking through our forums.

We have not deleted your post because the nature of it was not offensive, rather distastefull and not the right sort of thing for this forum.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by WaspMan:

"Perhaps" he will clean his act up._ Looks like the forum moderators don't really see a problem with a 14 year old having a dope head sig.

Jamie.

Yes we do, but as his Father is a well known cacher and a regular user of these forums we felt parental control should be up to him.

Tim & June

UK Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

we felt parental control should be up to him.

Tim & June

UK Admin

Excellent! Can we now expect parents to take responsibility for supervising their children when visiting all caches as well?

quote:

Looks like the forum moderators don't really see a problem with a 14 year old having a dope head sig.

My sig was made in all good intentions of being jokey and not serious in the slightest.

In light of this, I'll be off for a bit (or longer if I feel like it).

Believe it or not I do have better things to do than type this message, what with my SATS starting tomorrow and all the other stuff that'll probably keep me occupied til about mid June. No more time of mine will probably be spent on these forums til then. I'll (maybe) carry on finding caches if and when I feel like it.

Bye until we meet again.(if ever)

Seifer

In case of emergency, break glass

[This message was edited by Seifer (Mike Blitz) on May 05, 2003 at 04:21 AM.]

quote:
... It was suggested to Mike Blitz a couple of weeks ago that his sig line was not appropriate to these forums.

In Michael's defence, it was suggested when he was away for a few days in Wales with the church, which is why nothing happened instantly.

In fact, he's been quite busy (away from caching) recently... as he said, he's got SATs at the moment. Mind you, we did go caching together on Saturday, for the first time in about 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm about to go and "Scout around" a site: on Friday, I'm doing a GPS / Geocache session with the local scouts, so need to set them their own multi-cache to find.... today it's planning, then I'll quickly lay the trail before they arrive, on Friday!

Paul

My wife uses a cache box to take her sandwiches to work... how odd!

quote:
Originally posted by golddust1000:

Sig files are fine. Quite like them myself. But they really do need to be clean. There really is no need to make them crude, rude or offensive.

Like the witty ones though icon_smile.gif

Bob....

Hi Bob,

I have just visited your web site and read all your interesting stuff about off roading.

However, I do hope you do not encourage young, unsupervised children, or animals, to participate............???

Where's the boat go from..??

Hi Bob,

I have just visited your web site and read all your interesting stuff about off roading.

However, I do hope you do not encourage young, unsupervised children, or animals, to participate............???

Where's the boat go from..??

Never take the kids or any animals. They would only get in the way. And things can get a little dangerous anyway. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by wossa:

Oh my! Aren't we going just a little over the top here. From what I've seen the verses being criticised were either tasteless or smutty. So what's wrong with that then?

I like a bit of smut now and again and most people I come across will laugh at a smutty, tasteless or just plain old politically INcorrect jokes. Have you ever looked at the tabloid papers? They are full of stuff much worse than what I've seen here.

Lighten up a bit guys and gals, live and let live. If you don't find the sig lines funny, don't laugh. Lets have less of the 'If I don't like it then no one else can'

If you have children who are so sheltered and naive that they would be shocked at what has been written then keep them away from these areas.

Rant over - BTW I've only just started at this game but it's great fun ain't it?

quote:
Originally posted by wossa:

From what I've seen the verses being criticised were either tasteless or smutty. So what's wrong with that then?

Whats wrong with that is that some of your fellow cachers find the verses offensive regardless of what you think of them. That's reason enough not to use them.

A courtesy issue I would have thought.

quote:
I've only just started at this game but it's great fun ain't it?

Yep!

Rich

mobilis in mobili

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the forum moderators don't really see a problem with a 14 year old having a dope head sig.

-----------------------------------------------------

So it seems that you may post things that others find offensive as long as you have a Father like this.

------------------------------------------------------

Admin reply

Yes we do, but as his Father is a well known cacher and a regular user of these forums we felt parental control should be up to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Pid:

icon_wink.gif not a chance icon_wink.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know!http://images2.fotki.com/v22/photos/5/55364/231450/mikejackson1-vi.gif

http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

I don't actually think Michael Jackson is a good role model - as was said earlier in this thread you should only have things you would want your children to see.

quote:
Originally posted by Sparticus:

Who's Micheal Jackson anyway ??

Would Gunther feel a Telly Tubbie more suitable??

Not really, Michael Jackson was a pop star, you will need to use the net to find out about him and children as it is probably not appropriate to do so on this forum.