Queen Elizabeth Park England!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Targett Family:

Does anyone know if there a Cache there.

and how would I find it? Newbee help!!!

There are a number of ways you can look for caches in a particular area...

If you know either the GPS coordinates of the park, or a nearby postcode, then you can use the 'Hide and Seek a Cache' page on geocaching.com. Websites like www.streetmap.co.uk can help you to find the coordinates of places in the UK.

Once you've found one cache in the general area, clicking on "Find... nearest caches" in the cache description page brings up a list showing more caches in the area, together with their distance and direction from the first.

If you prefer something more visual, go to your 'My cache page' and click on 'Search for nearest caches in United Kingdom' in the top right hand corner. Click on ' View cache map of United Kingdom' and you'll get a map of all the UK caches that you can zoom into.

If you want something more visual still, you can try my interactive cache map in the geocacheuk stats pages. A map customised just for you can be found here.

Finally, doing a keyword search for 'Queen' etc on the Hide and Seek page is worth a try - you might just get lucky!

Happy hunting icon_cool.gif

quote:

I feel very comfortable here too all ready.

I dont like the word newbee either but it's what I am 4 now

I prefer the term new cacher.

We discussed it a bit Here

I am guessing that you live somewhere near my neck of the woods asking about QE country park? icon_smile.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

There doesn't seem to be any others in the park at the moment apart from "Sliding down Butser Hill" ...Can't believe in a place that size that no one else has thought to put a cache there yet.... I think I will place one in there ASAP. Watch this space....

Hey why not place one there yourself....

Pardon an ignorant Northener, but what is the significance of Queen Elizabeth Park? This is not quite a daft a question as it may sound because I am planning to visit my daughter in Bucks so will be prospecting for caches to visit if my wife lets me have the time!

[This message was edited by jstead on February 28, 2003 at 03:59 AM.]

Mind Box

Hey I agree the Queen Elizabeth is so vast I can't believe it either. If I was'nt so now to this game I would have place another cache there myself.

Do let me know if you have placed a cache there. Planning a visit in 3 weeks.

Jstead

The QECP is a lovely part of hampshire. The park is huge, with picnic and barbique areas, walks, treks, mountain bike trails, and a visiter center.

It's worth coming down over easter time as there is the one and only EGG ROLLING COMPETITION, it's great fun, and it's on Butser Hill. Probably hard to find a cache though as it is well attended and people come in their hundreds.

Here is the URL for the Park:-

http://www.hants.gov.uk/countryside/qecp/

The Targett Family

quote:

I prefer the term new cacher.

We discussed it a bit http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=134526&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3e57fa4311615484-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0

I am guessing that you live somewhere near my neck of the woods asking about QE country park? icon_smile.gif

Hey that URL send me to a pet site YUCK

OOPS! icon_confused.gif

Ok so I was suffering from too many open widows in the browser

icon_smile.gif

The site I sent you to was a pet adoption site that linked you to my girlfriends potential new dog, a sweet little cocker spaniel.

That is what can happen when you copy/paste without checking icon_wink.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!