HardKnott Paranoia

Hello all ...

I've been having sleepless nights worrying that part 2 of HardKnott to Like may not be hidden well enough (the mossy nook could be inviting to passersby), which of course would make it impossible to locate the last one.

Therefore I've added the following to the cache description:

"It is *possible* that a non-caching mountain goat could take an inquisitive look into the mossy nook and interfere with cache 2, so here are the coords for the 3rd and final cache:

N 54 27.004

W 003 13.338

Elev (APPROX) 935 or so metres

Don't worry, you haven't cheated, as you'll still need to pass by cache 2 to get there. You should try to find it anyway, as there are some excellent goodies."

I think the other 2 are pretty secure ... I'd just hate to have someone spend all that effort and get thwarted through my carelessness... But with the coords and the photos on the page, this should resolve the potential problem.

After reading some other cache descriptions, I was tempted to change the terrain to 4.5, but didn't, thereby striking a blow against 'difficulty inflation'.

Here it is:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=17966

NOW GO GET IT!!!!

44158_400.jpg

Is there really going to be many 'passers by' up there. Or is your multicache on a popular long distance path. we have been to Hardknott castle a couple of times but have only explored the Roman fort and not done any hiking up there. Always such an icy wind blasting through there. I wonder how the Romans stood it! icon_eek.gif

Peregrinus

Is there really going to be many 'passers by' up there. Or is your multicache on a popular long distance path. we have been to Hardknott castle a couple of times but have only explored the Roman fort and not done any hiking up there. Always such an icy wind blasting through there. I wonder how the Romans stood it! icon_eek.gif

Peregrinus

quote:
Originally posted by Jane8276:

Peregrinus

It's popular because it's on the way to the highest point in England, and 'highest points' attract people, however ill-advised.

I was so hoping that British geocachers would take up the challenge immediately, but, sadly, I guess I'll have to wait...

44158_400.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Jane8276:

Peregrinus

It's popular because it's on the way to the highest point in England, and 'highest points' attract people, however ill-advised.

I was so hoping that British geocachers would take up the challenge immediately, but, sadly, I guess I'll have to wait...

44158_400.jpg