Forthcoming Inside Out TV program

Tim & June

quote:
Originally posted by TreeBeard (Pid):

1.) Beth says thankyou to the Cameraman when she walks off to re-hide the cache! LoL icon_biggrin.gif

Funny Bits you didn't see:

1. The point after they filmed the shot of us from the top of the church tower when the cameraman came down without the sound man and sheepishly admited that they'd dropped the only key to the door at the top off the tower somewhere in the bell chamber...

2. The whole sequence where we talked to Chris about Gulliver Bear (them having just done the sequence with Tim and June) only to be told by the producer that we couldn't talk about it because it was being shown in a different order.

3. The bit where the vicar wanders out of the church and locks the door mid-shot so we had to make sure the church door was positioned in exactly the same way as before.

I still think the funniest bit in the show is still the 'people say a lot of things about Dan and Pid' quote...

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

I have had a call from the Inside Out team in the South East Region. Looks like they are going to re-show the Geocaching part there too.

I think the region covers Surrey, Sussex and Kent.

South-East Region is what was left when the BBC split off Greater London. It is Kent for certain, and East Sussex (West Sussex comes under South), however bits of Surrey like Woking still get BBC London.

Unfortunately it is the BBC London bit that goes out on Sky. icon_mad.gif

Richard

I was away when this program went out and anyway would not have got it in Leicester where I was or here in the "frozen" North. But it was great viewing on the Real link and my congratulations to all concerned - nice too to see what some of you look like. But - I can only see the first half of the program, is it me? Or is there a separate link to the second half?

The opening shot showed Sarah's car for about two seconds (the red Suzuki Jeep). The producer liked the fact that it was a 4WD and would look better than my Omega. The car is quite small for four people and a dog, but we braved the 45 mile round trip for the sake of 'art'. However, they didn't show the part when we got out of the car and met Chris, which we filmed about three times because Chris kept fogetting his lines! In the end, they went with his close-up.

On the second attempt to get the dog back into the car, she caught her foot on one of the seat runners, and subsequently had a limp from which she later recovered.

O'mally (our Cache-Hound) was 'borrowed' from one of Sarahs friends. It was her first geocache!

It was FREEZING!

Beckie's gloves were borrowed from June (who was behind the camera with Tim and Kouros)

Bob

Team Tate

Remember - if it's moving, it's not dead...

quote:
Originally posted by jstead:

But - I can only see the first half of the program, is it me? Or is there a separate link to the second half?

No it's not just you, but the missing bit is only us placing the cache with Chris Packham which was shown right at the end of the show.

We're sure missing seeing us place the cache is no great loss icon_biggrin.gif

In reality it wasn't placed till the week before the show was aired and made live on the website at the end of the program. When it was actually placed it was done with the help of the English Nature Site Warden, who it seems is very pro the placing of these caches as it helps to bring new visitors to these sites of interest.

For those cachers attending the meeting on Sunday, we believe team Blitz is arranging to show a video of Inside Out in its entirety and we now have the official BBC copy that they can use if they wish.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

quote:

No it's not just you, but the missing bit is only us placing the cache with Chris Packham which was shown right at the end of the show.

That's the only bit I saw. you were very good in it!

quote:

team Blitz is arranging to show a video of Inside Out in its entirety

Excellent. I'll be able to see the end of the rose-selling-in-pubs-scam (there might even be some rose sellers there on the day). I'll also be able to see the whole of the highly recommended convicts-in-a-band article.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

For those cachers attending the meeting on Sunday, we believe team Blitz is arranging to show a video of Inside Out in its entirety and we now have the official BBC copy that they can use if they wish.

Excellent.... please DO bring it along, I'm sure it will be better quality than ours!

Paul

Team Blitz

White gravel? What white gravel? I can't see any.... heck, who cares!

quote:

Following the stirling and successful efforts of Kouros (well done Peter) to get geocaching on the TV again, we were approached and here's a short report.

Last week we took the producer out caching and, of course the result is that she was intrigued and hooked and, of course, now the owner of a T & J bear. icon_biggrin.gif

Almost all of the filming has been completed now with just two little pieces to go. Apparently there was so much she wanted to include that it was difficult to decide what to exclude and what to include.

The BBC are going to provide us with the contents of a cache which we will place on their behalf just before the program which is presented by Chris Packham is aired in January (exact date to be confirmed).

Part of the program includes Team Tate finding a cache which no other cacher will find. We placed the cache early on Saturday for Bob and family to find whilst being filmed. Then we took it away again. icon_biggrin.gif

Never mind, they can't log it as a find. icon_biggrin.gif

We then proceeded to Farley Mount, near our "Monumental Journey" cache to be interviewed about, guess what! BEARS !

The problem is I think they are going to refer to this, and us as "bizarre" icon_eek.gif I guess it must be true then. icon_smile.gif

We hope Richard and Beth had as much fun as we did as that was there next port of call.

We will update later when we have more information.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/display/225946_200.jpg

Team Tate find the cache

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

I did not see the programme but was told by a friend.

I am somewhat concerned about the placement of caching within the bounds of the New Forest, as any organised activity MUST have the approval of the Forestry Commission, as there are "no go" areas as well as "No go " months, when only Gravel paths can be used. I noted one is place in a "disused " rabbit hole, this is absolutley forbidden & could lead to prosicution. I do not wish to upset anyone but think you should know,

Welcome Fiddo!

All geocachers are experieneced in the art of legal boundaries! we all follow guidelines and you can be certain and positive that any cache placed anywhere in any national park not just in the UK but all over the world is strictly legal, if found to be illegal it is archived by our Admin team who do a wonderful job to keep this sport as legal as possible.

Check through some old forum posts, it has brought to our atention eveytime this sort of thing occurs.

Infact I believe there was actually a ban by the site of caching inthe new forest at one point? am I right? I dont know if since the ban has been removed.

Pidicon_biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

Anyone wishing to place a cache on Forestry Commission controlled land (i.e. the New Forest) must first gain permission. This can be done by writing to them at their address in Lyndhurst (check the phone book!)

They can tell you about the no-go areas relating to boundaries or time (due to ground-nesting birds, etc)

I hope this clarifies the issue. In the meantime, check out some of the older posts in the UK forum.

Bob

Team Tate

Remember - if it's moving, it's not dead...

quote:

We're sure missing seeing us place the cache is no great loss icon_biggrin.gif

Our official copy turned up yesterday too.

Not having the cache placing sequence you do miss out on the surreal experience of Tim, June and Chris Packham climbing the hill to the title music of Terry and June, that classic icon_confused.gif 80's suburban sit-com...

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Beth:

Not having the cache placing sequence you do miss out on the surreal experience of Tim, June and Chris Packham climbing the hill to the title music of Terry and June, that classic icon_confused.gif 80's suburban sit-com...

Richard

Yes I noticed that and thought it was a wonderful choice of music too.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

quote:
I am somewhat concerned about the placement of caching within the bounds of the New Forest, as any organised activity MUST have the approval of the Forestry Commission

From an official website:

"The Verderers are the guardians of the Commoners and their Rights of Common; they are also the watchdogs of the Forest landscape and may veto development and highways. They may authorise up to 5,000 acres for timber production (Verderers' Inclosures) and they must authorise the Forestry Commission work in unenclosed woods."

and then....

"The Forestry Commission is the agent of the Crown. The Crown's land within the perambulation is vested in the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food; the Ministry places the management of the land in the hands of the Forestry Commission (the Forest is actually managed by Forest Enterprise, an agency of the Commission). In general, only the Forestry Commission may disturb the soil or remove products of the soil (with the exception of Rights of Turbary and Marl, and Verderers' statutory grazing improvements). "

So, if you can work out what that means, let us know! I *think* it says that the verderers are in charge, but let the FC look after things in the (unenclosed) wooded areas.

Paul

[This message was edited by Team Blitz on January 17, 2003 at 05:31 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team Tate:

Anyone wishing to place a cache on Forestry Commission controlled land (i.e. the New Forest) must first gain permission

I spoke to a lady there a couple of months ago, and she indicated that, generally, they do NOT like such things happening.

As you know, I was chatting to her re doing to caches up at Moors Valley (I'm already chatting to the Park wardens)... the situation there is different because its a joint site, where they work with Dorset council.

Anyway, so everyone knows, I'm in the process of writing to the FC to pay for a "permission certificate"... then in conjunction with the wardens up at Moors Valley CP, I'm hoping that a small group of us can place a small variety of caches up there.

Paul

Team Blitz