Steady on JStead!

Ben Pid

Congratulations on reaching the ton icon_smile.gif. I know it is has been said many times before but this is the first(?) rung of an obsesion icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif.

Well done.

Many more in the future.

Andy.

----------------------------------------

All our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike-and yet it is the most precious thing we have - Albert Einstein

icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

I promised highlights, so here goes:-

Most Satisfying: Prague Panorama - furthest from home and a great spot. I found two travel bugs here which have now logged up many thousands of miles each and both of which I have found again in the UK after I had released them again. Both are now across the Atlantic.

Best View: Mirror Image, the unexpected was made beautiful by the lighting as sunrays chased across the lake.

Most Memorable: Mott the Hoople, well it was the first but what made it different was that when I found it I was unknowingly in a Foot and Mouth restricted zone and liable to a £2000 fine. I only found this as I left the site having come in quite legally cross country!

Most Frustrating: Maryport Golf - couldn't find it in all the mud (not the only one that week), took me a year before I could try again.

Most Amusing: the day out finding the cache which wasn't yet a cache as the owner had lost the coordinates, i.e. Blackpool's First.

Worst: Well none really, oh yes I've got wet, scratched, muddy, given up for lost by better half etc, but I've enjoyed them all and thanks to all the hiders.

As for those I have hidden, I can't name names as that might be construed as advertising. But the first I hid has been moved twice as its first hiding place was burned down by vandals (the cache survived) and the second was threatend by sea. It is missing again. The second cache was vandalised almost at once, relocated and taken again, but now survives nearby in microcache form (I hope!). They have been fun to hide, not all are great but it is nice when some finders drop a note of thanks for being taken to somewhere worthwhile which they might otherwise not have found. You will probably have guessed that to me location is the most important part of the cache - good contents though desirable for the kids are secondary.

I have enjoyed most of the banter which goes on in this forum though saddened by some of the recent postings which seem more like stirrings, especially those which hide behind inpenetrable aliases. I am sorry if some have felt they are unwelcome but that is life - we are all different and look for different things in what we do. I have said in another place that I believe that we can all get on if we use common sense and treat each other with courtesey. I am old fashioned enough to prefer to see messages properly spelt and set out - yes I make mistakes too but I do try to correct them. Having said that, it was not an attack on Dan and Pid even if I have sometimes raised my eyebrows at their postings - I can now easily forgive them having seen at first hand the quality of their caches and cache pages.

So here's to the next hundred! And thanks again to all who make it possible.