Some History

I know that it shows me as the longest serving nut in the game but it's not so. I think the statistic is derived by comparing the first posting of a find with the most recent - so if you are not active for a while you drop down the list. I think there were 37 caches in the UK when I started and the first I found was Mott the Hoople by Dawnrazor though I think he then called himeslf Eddie. He has just posted on the forum from Oz. Then I did a batch in Northumberland by JasonB and there were others up there by MossTrooper.

There was a thread started by Chris n Maria in March 2002 which asked how we all started. It still makes interesting reading, especially to see how many are still around.

I'd put a link here but have forgotten how!

Member Geocaching Association of GB

quote:
Originally posted by jstead:

I know that it shows me as the longest serving nut in the game but it's not so. I think the statistic is derived by comparing the first posting of a find with the most recent - so if you are not active for a while you drop down the list.

Indeed, there are people who I know were around in the community when I started who aren't listed above me on the list.

37 caches... Those were the days - when the entire UK listing fitted onto four pages, and you could fit all the UK caches into your GPS. icon_eek.gif

The 'How did you get started' thread is here. Could probably establish a UK history from that and the list of caches and when they were hidden.

Richard