mapping software for baja

mkreuch

i'm going to be out in the desert in baja in mid april and am looking for a mapping software recommendation for my etrex vista. i was going to buy worldmap but wanted to know if there is anything more specific to baja.

i'm also looking for topo maps. does anyone know where i might be able to buy topos of baja? basically the area i'm going to be in is from cabo to mulege.

thanks...either respond to the forum or privately. my email is mitchell@kreuch.com

thanks...M

Maybe this answer comes too late, but why not oziexplorer it is great and you can get topo maps (raster) 1:250K from INEGI (oficces in every state in mexico ) or 1:50k in paper ($50 pesos)and you have to scan them

hope this helps

quote:
Originally posted by mkreuch:

i'm going to be out in the desert in baja in mid april and am looking for a mapping software recommendation for my etrex vista. i was going to buy worldmap but wanted to know if there is anything more specific to baja.

i'm also looking for topo maps. does anyone know where i might be able to buy topos of baja? basically the area i'm going to be in is from cabo to mulege.

thanks...either respond to the forum or privately. my email is mitchell@kreuch.com

thanks...M