Ibiza

Stuey

Hi Divine, what a great idea! I'd not considered that before, probably because I can't check on it at all. Maybe I'll prepare myself to hide one when there, as long as I can find a good place.

I saw a good description of Geocaching in a cache in Dorset (UK) yesterday, so it would be a good idea if I did one in Spanish and English for the cache in Ibiza. Has anyone got a translation in proper Spanish that I could use please?

Thanks!

Stuey icon_cool.gif

--

Cheers,

Stuey icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Stuey,

Hope you have an excellent time in Ibiza, there's nowhere like it. I wanted to let you know in case you hadn't already noticed that there are a few caches hidden on Majorca and Minorca you could get to by ferry. Ibiza really needs to have a geocache and next time I go I am definitely planning on hiding several.

Another couple of ideas, if you meet someone while on holiday who can translate your instructions into Catalan from the Spanish it would be helpful as many of the locals who might stumble across your cache by accident would be more likely to understand what it is about if it were written in Catalan.

Another thing, while not a geocache, there is a cave which you can find out about from the locals that is a shrine to one of the goddesses where people go to leave trinkets, not for trading like a cache but to honor the goddess. It's really cool and a great hike up the mountain. I can't remember which village it is near but the cave is called Es Cuerinam (not sure of that spelling!). The path up the mountain to the cave is marked by blue painted figures on the rocks along the way. It is so worth going to!

Have a wonderful time!

Elizabeth

icon_cool.gif Yes, well done! It is a place to honor the Goddess Tanit. I get her confused with the male God Bes because Bes sounds like a female name to me, hehe. I wish you had longer than a week because it will go by so fast and there is so much to experience...I guess that's true of most places though. Have fun!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

Now you have an excuse to leave the beaches for a while and go _hide_ a cache!

Quoting myself... It seems it's not possible to hide caches on vacation any more, read the Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines page:

"Placing caches on vacation is unacceptable and these caches will not be approved on the web site. As the cache owner you are obligated to be in a position to manage your caches, and caches placed on vacation require someone else to maintain them for you. Please be responsible."

Maybe you just should hope that someone local would hide a cache before you reach the island. Have fun anyway, caches or not!icon_cool.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -