Placing Cache's with an OLD Gps

Guest Faust

Guest Faust

I would like to place some cache's however my gps has only 6 digits for longitude and lattitude, I know this might be a problem with acurracy, what's the recommendations:

I am asking this on the SA board cause all the cache's will be in SA

Guest Peter Scholtz

You need to set it to degree minute decimal which is what the Geocaching web site uses. Check then how many digits you have. The site expects three decimals but older GPS's only have two. In that case just fill in 0 for the third digit. Considering the EPE of 5 - 10 meters the last digit is useless anyway.

------------------

Peter Scholtz

www.biometrics.co.za

Guest Faust

Thanks Peter, I will try, sorry this is bit off topic, but have you thought about suing your fingerprint module with hoem security systems, I was thinkinh it would be absolute cool not to have key/locks on your doors, you come home, keypad with finger scanner, enter code, scan finger, door pop open, I am prepared to allow you guys to use my house as a proof of concept .... icon_wink.gif

Guest Faust

Thanks Peter, I will try, sorry this is bit off topic, but have you thought about suing your fingerprint module with hoem security systems, I was thinkinh it would be absolute cool not to have key/locks on your doors, you come home, keypad with finger scanner, enter code, scan finger, door pop open, I am prepared to allow you guys to use my house as a proof of concept .... icon_wink.gif