Big Cache Day

warthog

How about a first for South Africa? Or has this been done before?

Let's see if we can get as many willing Geocachers together and then on a specific day (i.e first Saturday in September) see how many caches we can hide on a single day.

My suggestion is that we ask Peter Scholtz to be the Chief-in-Charge (seeing that he organized the first Event cache as well.) What do you say Peter?

We can then forward Peter a list of all the known geocachers (that we have seen accessing caches so far). Peter can then contact everyone to see how many would be interested in joining in such a day. Or they can add their names here.

Maybe we can then arrange for a global (worldwide) cache day in the future.

Does anyone have an idea of what the most caches were on a single day anywhere in the world? I think with the size of the USA, they must do around the tens a twenties quite easily.

I agree with you there. I made it September hoping that the Spring would encourage the cahcers to get "out there", but summer would be fine. I think that it must then be before the holiday season starts.

Maybe some of the other cachers can start giving an indication of who are keen in joining this event.