Is this a Finnish - Swedish forum only ?

Captain Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by Gustaf:

The Icelanders have been out looking for caches since October, when the last one was logged.

They should be back anytime now.

Well, getting home from the glaciers is a hard job, so I would not expect them to arrive before summer icon_wink.gif

Seriously, I think this forum is not so easy to find if you really are not looking for it. There are quite many clicks before you end up here. The Danish cachers probably use www.geocaching.dk.

Sari

Maybe if the communication in this forum intended for the Nordic Countries were kept in languages we all understand it would attract some more Danes. Just guessing icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by ArktiS on March 04, 2003 at 05:35 AM.]

...but this is the only geocaching forum so far I'm aware of where it's appropriate to speak (also) Finnish. English is fine with me and most of us I guess, but there are people who have some difficulties with English, so IMO it's good to have a forum where you can use your native language too.

With that being said, I'm glad to see that some Danes have crawled up from their ammo box filled basements to this forum too!icon_biggrin.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

... I guess we'll have to live with the situation more or less as it is. icon_redface.gif

icon_biggrin.gif As you probably know we Danes have our own site in Danish language where we can perform our local chit chat.

icon_razz.gif But I still would like to suggest that the local stuff is kept to a minimum.

Kind Regards,

ArktiS

icon_rolleyes.gif Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense!

quote:
Originally posted by ArktiS:

... about rødgrød med fløde? icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

...but I was about to mention that!icon_wink.gif In my previous job we had a training session with other Nordic departmets, and those crazy Danes who were there taught me to pronounce that!icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Now I'm not sure, but I believe I would get it if I ordered that in some Danish restaurant... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

quote:
Originally posted by Erwast:

seems to work as supposed, did you forget to login icon_rolleyes.gif

Errare humanum ets.

Nope. This function has been shut off for a couple of months now. Below the map, this message is posted:

"Please note: Due to the high traffic the web site has been getting lately, we have had to disable listing caches you have found. We're working on a better mapping solution which should be available by the end of February. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Well, february has come and gone... icon_eek.gif

~*Actl labores jucundi*~

quote:
Originally posted by EnderBoy:

quote:
Originally posted by Erwast:

seems to work as supposed, did you forget to login icon_rolleyes.gif

Errare humanum ets.

Nope. This function has been shut off for a couple of months now. Below the map, this message is posted:

"Please note: Due to the high traffic the web site has been getting lately, we have had to disable listing caches you have found. We're working on a better mapping solution which should be available by the end of February. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Well, february has come and gone... icon_eek.gif

Jeremy says it will work again with the new site design. Time frame: April-May ...

quote:

Did this Jeremy by any chance happen to mention which year ? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

"this Jeremy", by the way, is Jeremy Irish, the founder of the geocaching.com .

I think we all should respect the enormous work he has done for this hobby, not to make jokes about him.

ArktiS, if you want to know something about how this all started, read this:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/credits.asp

70242_1300.gif

Dear Captain Morgan & Family you completely miss my point. My post make a crack at some information containing an incomplete deadline in which no year is stated.

I do have lots of respect for the crew behind Geocaching.com. That's one of the reasons why I have chosen to become a charter member.

Let's not be so sensitive in the future!

Virtual Regards from ArktiS

quote:

My post make a crack at some information containing an incomplete deadline in which no year is stated.

Come'on, everybody understands, or at least they should understand, that in this case it means this year... It's really not necessary to put a year in every date here.

For example, if i tell that i will place several caches in spring and summer, i guess you understand that i will place them during this year and i do not have to state that i will place them in spring/summer 2003 !

70242_1300.gif